Battery Drain 15% an hour/Phone Will Not Power On after Battery Removal Unless Plugged In To Charger

epdean

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Phone: Note 3
Purchased: Late November 2013

So...I have been searching the forums for the past hour or two and have found some similar issues but nothing quite the same. I have tried many of the suggestions on the forums and nothing seems to be working. I began noticing over the past five days or so that my battery is draining very quickly and as of today the problem seems to be getting worse. I have not had this problem until now. Prior to now, my battery life was excellent, I could be gone at work teaching all day and still have over 50% at night. I have considered that it could be an app...have deleted some, stopped others from running etc...and this has not fixed the problem. When I say that the battery is draining quickly, I mean losing FAST. For example, I just charged it to 100% and I have had it off of the charger for more than an hour but less than two hours and I am already at 78%. And that is pretty much with doing nothing...not on the web, not texting, not on Facebook, not playing music or watching video, not talking. One of the suggestions that I read said to remove the battery, wait 30 seconds and put it back in (after clearing cache, data etc.)...so I did...and then my phone would not power on AT ALL. I tried a spare battery to see if perhaps a different battery would help, but it would not power on with a different battery. I plugged it into the charger and was able to power it up while plugged in to the charger and I am able to remove it from the charger and it stays powered on. I thought maybe it was a fluke so I have taken the battery out a few times and the same thing happens each time-it will not power on unless plugged in and then will stay on once removed from charger. I am beginning to think that I'm screwed (I say that because setting up a new phone is a PIA) and am going to need to make a trip to the Verizon store and get a new phone and that something in the battery reading contacts (totally made up lay girl terms-I am not a "tekkie") has failed. Any other thoughts or ideas (in lay person terms, pretty please)? I appreciate your time!

Erin

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
It may be a bad battery. Did you leave it charging for a good amount of time?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

epdean

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes. And even tried a different battery and it wouldn't power on without being plugged in, with either battery. But I have not tried running it all day with the other battery (it was my SO's spare, I don't have a spare).Was really hoping it was just a bad battery...but starting to think it's more. Thanks for your reply!

epdean

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Another piece of info: if I shut it off normally, I can power it back on normally, but if I take the battery out and then put it back in, I have to plug it in to get it to power on.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Another piece of info: if I shut it off normally, I can power it back on normally, but if I take the battery out and then put it back in, I have to plug it in to get it to power on.

Very strange. I think you're gonna have to take to Verizon. Check this out to backup your apps and this to backup your call logs and texts if you need them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress