1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Cloud Backup Option? Verizon cloud gets bad reviews

Does anyone here use the cloud to backup contacts, pictures, video, etc? I know the contacts are backed up via the Gmail account, but what about pictures video etc. I also know these things take up a lot of room eventually, and privacy might be an issue for some as well if you back up text messages and other personal data in the same place.
    I read the Verizon Cloud app is not like by many either for small storage space or problems losing things.
    Gmail does offer 15 GB, and our note 3 is a Android device so it should play well.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. My girlfriend has same phone and lost a lot on the older phone due to having a guy at I Experts install a new screen digitizer and ending up destroying
    the phone where it would not even turn on so we could get anything back but what was on the chip.

Anyway, what cloud storage does everyone who uses it use, and why?

Global Posts
    13,792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Best Cloud Backup Option? Verizon cloud gets bad reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jim2112 View Post
    Does anyone here use the cloud to backup contacts, pictures, video, etc? I know the contacts are backed up via the Gmail account, but what about pictures video etc. I also know these things take up a lot of room eventually, and privacy might be an issue for some as well if you back up text messages and other personal data in the same place.
    I read the Verizon Cloud app is not like by many either for small storage space or problems losing things.
    Gmail does offer 15 GB, and our note 3 is a Android device so it should play well.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. My girlfriend has same phone and lost a lot on the older phone due to having a guy at I Experts install a new screen digitizer and ending up destroying
    the phone where it would not even turn on so we could get anything back but what was on the chip.

Anyway, what cloud storage does everyone who uses it use, and why?
    I use Box, Dropbox, and Drive. Dropbox is my smallest, not counting promo space, and I am slowly moving things to the other services.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Google can backup your photos and videos too. You can use Google+ to do that for you. I personally have mine set to backup over Mobile Data or Wi-fi (because I am on an unlimited plan still) and to only upload when charging. Also, you can backup an unlimited amount of photos to Google if you choose the 5mp option as opposed to full size pics.

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

Have them all too, as well as SkyDrive and Sugarsync. I don't use Vz's though.

You'll have to test drive them and find the one you like best.
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,786 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

due to owning a chromebook i have 100gb free in my drive for two years at least, but i use my drive as a pictures folder usually once a week i migrate all my pictures to my drive and just go there when i need them it has been my best solution as my pictures are now cross synced to my iphone and computer as well effrortlessly, i love dropbox but they only offer 2gb free so this is not worth it because at least my drive gives me a minimum of 15gb, and if you watch for deals services like box or copy will give away lifetime space. like my box account has 50gb free for life. But dropbox and drive seem to function the best on any platform.

Contacts i sync with my gmail but you already do that as well.
    Windows Phone:Lumia 920
    Android: Nexus 4
    iOS: iPhone 5

I just started using copy.com and like it.

Posted via Android Central App

Dropbox mostly for my phone stuff. But My Backup PRO also has a cloud back up option for phone backups.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.