1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Data on mobile

I'm trying to reduce my data consumption. On my old Galaxy S 3 I used roughly 3Gbs a month and now on my Galaxy Note 3 on using 8+ on my mobile plan.

I think it's because my note doesn't stay connected on the wifi at work. With so many people trying to use the companies wifi it gets bogged down. My Note 3 keeps dropping the connection all together because "poor connection speed" and switches back to 4G.

Any suggestions on how to get it to try harder? My Galaxy S 3 stayed connected even during low speed or poor signal.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Default Re: Data on mobile

Under advanced wifi settings, disable auto network switch.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Under advanced wifi settings, disable auto network switch.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanks I'll give it a try.

I use a simple free app called Connection Mode Toggle Widget. I keep it on my home screen and with one touch switch between WiFi and 3G/4G. I rarely toggle to 3G unless I am out of the office and just have to check my mail. So, while driving let's say, I am not connected to any data access. Any data that is pushed will have to wait until I get to one of my WiFi locations. My monthly data usage is always less than 500Mb on my 2Gb plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Umphress View Post
    I use a simple free app called Connection Mode Toggle Widget. I keep it on my home screen and with one touch switch between WiFi and 3G/4G. I rarely toggle to 3G unless I am out of the office and just have to check my mail. So, while driving let's say, I am not connected to any data access. Any data that is pushed will have to wait until I get to one of my WiFi locations. My monthly data usage is always less than 500Mb on my 2Gb plan.
    You can also use an app like Tasker to automate it.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Umphress View Post
    Screw that! You pay for 2gb, use it!!

Yea, and that would be the one time that a big download came in and Verizon would shaft me for big-buck-overage-fees. Anyway, I rarely need to go online outside of my many WiFi zones. That's why I got the bottom Gb available.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

When I turned off the automatic switch in the advanced settings it worked just fine.
    I have 6GB of data and I use it, I just don't enjoy paying for additional if I can avoid it.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks everyone for commenting!

I have the 4Gb plan and my mobile data is off during work hours and on during breaks and lunch. I like to watch Netflix on my breaks, so I reserve my mobile data for it. I would suggest leaving mobile data off while you're not using phone if you don't need your phone for work. It does kinda suck that this beast of a phone seems to have its share of reception issues. I had to factory reset my Note 3 to see improvements in that area.

from my "Note 3" on Tapatalk

Global Posts
    469 Global Posts

Made me think of wifi reception issues... find that note 3 is not the best at maintaining a signal.

This should be a new post, but I find that the Note 3 is the best device I have ever had at maintaining a connection. This phone is simply marvelous at locking on to a signal.
    Thanked by 4: