I have had my note 3 for 5 days. Three times I have had to take it to a Verizon store to get voice commands working. A Samsung rep working in a Best Buy store said that this was a common problem caused by Verizon. A phone agent in tech support with Verizon says she has never heard of this problem. Bad answers. The second one is minor. I continually get a message on the note 3 stating that if i used a factory sync cable my phone would sync faster and be more reliable. Ahhh Duh I am using the cable that came out of the note 3 box what do they want? There are other issues, some that have already been solved, but this is what I expected after switching from the iPhone. Love the size of the screen and swyping for text.

Anybody had similar problems with voice commands turning on and off?
    01-09-2014 01:41 AM
    I haven't experienced any of this but then again I don't use voice commands. I find they take longer and are annoying but if you're using it for hands free purposes I understand. I assume were talking about the S Voice commands?

As for the cable consider trying standard charging cable and see if it happens. A standard Micro-USB will charge the device without any warning message popping up. If the issue still persists return the phone for a new one.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    01-09-2014 09:46 AM
    I too have had the voice commands turn off randomly. Although annoying, I have just been turning it back on when I need to. I have not really researched a fix for it since it hasn't bothered me that much because I don't use that feature that often. In fact, I have found that with it on, the phone will often wake up and think that I have given it a command (probably due to background noise or something) but that also will be draining on the battery if the screen keeps waking up. I also don't want it to call one of my contacts by mistake, so I even cut it off sometimes on my own, just to be safe.

It is good that Verizon knows about it now. It might not be a bad idea to also talk to Samsung's tech support to see if they have a fix or at least make them aware of it so it can be addressed in one of the upcoming updates. Know that when speaking to a Verizon tech support rep, that you can ask them to also connect you to a Samsung rep if necessary, and they can give you their phone number too...just an FYI.
    01-09-2014 01:25 PM
    Which voice commands are you trying to use? Also, why do you have to take it to the store to get it working?
    01-09-2014 05:00 PM