Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eclipse2K
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question New to Android - Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Voice Commands Keep Turning Off

I have had my note 3 for 5 days. Three times I have had to take it to a Verizon store to get voice commands working. A Samsung rep working in a Best Buy store said that this was a common problem caused by Verizon. A phone agent in tech support with Verizon says she has never heard of this problem. Bad answers. The second one is minor. I continually get a message on the note 3 stating that if i used a factory sync cable my phone would sync faster and be more reliable. Ahhh Duh I am using the cable that came out of the note 3 box what do they want? There are other issues, some that have already been solved, but this is what I expected after switching from the iPhone. Love the size of the screen and swyping for text.

Anybody had similar problems with voice commands turning on and off?

Default Re: New to Android - Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Voice Commands Keep Turning Off

I haven't experienced any of this but then again I don't use voice commands. I find they take longer and are annoying but if you're using it for hands free purposes I understand. I assume were talking about the S Voice commands?

As for the cable consider trying standard charging cable and see if it happens. A standard Micro-USB will charge the device without any warning message popping up. If the issue still persists return the phone for a new one.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Default Re: New to Android - Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Voice Commands Keep Turning Off

I too have had the voice commands turn off randomly. Although annoying, I have just been turning it back on when I need to. I have not really researched a fix for it since it hasn't bothered me that much because I don't use that feature that often. In fact, I have found that with it on, the phone will often wake up and think that I have given it a command (probably due to background noise or something) but that also will be draining on the battery if the screen keeps waking up. I also don't want it to call one of my contacts by mistake, so I even cut it off sometimes on my own, just to be safe.

It is good that Verizon knows about it now. It might not be a bad idea to also talk to Samsung's tech support to see if they have a fix or at least make them aware of it so it can be addressed in one of the upcoming updates. Know that when speaking to a Verizon tech support rep, that you can ask them to also connect you to a Samsung rep if necessary, and they can give you their phone number too...just an FYI.

Which voice commands are you trying to use? Also, why do you have to take it to the store to get it working?