Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dropbox Photos Not Appearing In Gallery.

So I just activated my Verizon Note 3 and it didn't ask me to log into Dropbox during the initial set up, so I went into the account settings and selected Dropbox, and proceeded to fill out my log in info. It never gave me the option to sync with Samsung servers like it usually does, so the photos aren't showing up in my gallery. Previously I could go into "Cloud" settings and fix this, but Verizon removed this section from settings for some unknown reason. And when I go into account settings and tap on Dropbox the sync now button is grayed out.....

Any solutions? Samsung's integration with Dropbox (particularly in the gallery app) is one of my most appreciated features of TouchWiz to be completely honest.

Default Re: Dropbox Photos Not Appearing In Gallery.

Don't waste your time trying to make it work with the default gallery. It ain't happening in 4.3. I don't use the Samsung cloud I just sync directly with Dropbox that doesn't work anymore. After many hours of searching I found a post where the guy suggested using two apps. FolderSync and QuickPic which accomplishes is pretty much the same thing as you had before . I like the QuickPic gallery better than the default gallery.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyKids View Post
    Don't waste your time trying to make it work with the default gallery. It ain't happening in 4.3. I don't use the Samsung cloud I just sync directly with Dropbox that doesn't work anymore. After many hours of searching I found a post where the guy suggested using two apps. FolderSync and QuickPic which accomplishes is pretty much the same thing as you had before . I like the QuickPic gallery better than the default gallery.

Thanks for the quick reply! I actually saw that post a little while ago and figured I'd have to go that route. I'm sure it's hardly any different. It's just nice when it's a simple, built in feature.

Why they took this out I have no idea. Sure made for some time consuming frustration for me. I spent countless hours trying to fix it, researching and posting. I did have to put the pic I use for my lock screen in the default gallery cuz when I tried to set the pic QuickPic is not an option.

Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.