New Verizon/Samsung Assistant?
Yesterday, for the first time, I tethered my Note 3 directly to my PC which led it automatically install and run that Assistant. In the process, as if I couldn't do it myself, it verified that my software was up to date. Seeing no value in it, I set it up not to start when I reboot the computer and not to run when I connect the phone. Well, tonight, when I rebooted my phone, the damn Assistant ran again and, this time, informed me that the phone's software needs repair, and invited me to back everything up bc everything on the phone would be erased, warning that the phone shouldn't be disconnected during the process. Instead, I exited the Assistant, checked the phone, and didn't find anything unusual, still indicating the same MJE software version being up to date.
So, what is that stupid Assistant for and how to get rid of it?
- 01-18-2014, 07:59 AM #3
Re: New Verizon/Samsung Assistant?
Well of course I've connected my N3 to my laptop, but this assistant doesn't automatically run or install. I have played around with it when I had my S4 but found it quite useless so I unistalled it. If you aren't having any problems with your N3 don't worry about it. Uninstall that crappy piece of software and go in peace. FWIW, I use and have had no problems with, Kies. It will also let you know if there is a pending update, if you choose to go that route, but you can also sync music, photos, videos, etc... to your N3. Hope this helps. :-)
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
- 01-19-2014, 10:33 AM #5
- By android321nerd in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 10-14-2015, 11:14 PM
- By f8isevil in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 01-15-2014, 10:51 AM
- By Kayla Jenkins in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 01-13-2014, 10:35 AM
- By rdonnelly in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 01-13-2014, 07:35 AM
- By glenninduluth in forum Sprint Galaxy Note 2Replies: 3Last Post: 01-12-2014, 05:44 PM