Note 3 Will not Sync Exchange Contacts

kmolls

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I just got my first Android device, the Samsung Note 3. I previously had all iOS devices.
My issue is with setting up Exchange.
All of my emails and calendar is are synced just fine, but my contacts are not syncing, not 1.

Never had an issue with iOS.

I have deleted and reinstalled my Exchange account several times.
Toggled off "Sync Contact", powered down, toggled on "Sync Contacts".

Anyone else have this problem and fix it?
Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Weird, I have a Note 3 and my contacts sync without issues from my Google Account, Facebook, Exchange, and Skype. Are you sure you're enabling viewing those contacts in, well, the Contacts app? Maybe it's set to only show some accounts and your contacts are there, just not visible...

kmolls

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't know that was there but the "ALL" radio button is selected so that doesn't look to be the problem.

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Humm... OK, when you try to compose an e-mail in the stock app, do your Exchange contacts appear or get suggested when you start typing the recipient?

kmolls

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes they are! That seems good.
When I get calls or texts, it only is showing the numbers.

Only for emails. If I try to start a text with a name, nothing...

kmolls

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, so the weekend as passed and still no contacts have synced. I was giving the Verizon Android "Tier 3" phone tech support on Friday, we went through all the settings and they were as puzzled as me.
I mad a .cvs from Outlook and uploaded them to my gmail account so I do have them, but I need them to sync back and forth to Outlook on my laptop .

Piotr Jakubowski

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I just experienced this first hand. I think it has something to do with the user's mailbox rather than the device itself.
I have a user with multiple android devices 2 x NOTE 3 and 1 x Galaxy S4. All of them are configured to access the same mailbox on the Exchange 2010. User reported to me that some of his contacts that he has in Outlook do not show up on his devices.

I experimented and created a new test contact on the device, and the contact shortly appeared on the PC in the Outlook. Then I have created new contact using Outlook on the PC and the contact synced to the device, yet some of the contacts that show in Outlook do not show up on the devices. Eventually I even removed the mailbox account from one of his Note 3's and re-added it again, but the contacts in question still did not synced. I have identified only few contacts that do not sync, but there may be more. This user has just under 800 contacts in Outlook. I think this has something to do with the mailbox as this happens to 3 devices with the same mailbox. User reports that some of the contacts in question were originally created on the device, then synced to the mailbox, and now show in Outlook but disappeared from the device....crazy!
I will try to restart the server tonight to see if anything changes.

elendil84

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I have the same problem : contacts do not sync on my note from exchange account... Have you found a solution ?
Thanks,
Elendil