Clock Issues

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been experiencing issues with the alarm clock not going off when it's suppose to, as well as the phone not keeping the accurate time? I set an alarm last night for 0600, it didn't go off. When I eventually woke up at 0730, the the time on the phone said 0615. After toggling the WiFi off and on, the clock jumped to the accurate time. Is there anyway to resolve this that anyone know of?

Thanks in advance.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
not sure how to fix it the correct way but the kludge fix is to change the time settings from automatic to manual.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is getting frustrating. I turned the setting off the automatic, but it still happens. Not as frequently, but it shouldn't happen at all! Guess this is a phone call, or email to samsung/Verizon issue.

Posted via Android Central App

radelster

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I've had the same problem 3 times now. One of these days gonna really cause a problem. Might download 3rd party app to try.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The thing is, it seems like the cell device isn't updating the time on a regular interval.
I am not sure if it is a ROM issue, or a device issue.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So the people at Verizon had me put Cleo (my Note 3) in Safe Mode to see if it was an operating system glitch. The ultimate conclusion, from Verizon's perspective , is that it's a third party app that's causing the glitch. If this is true, how do we find the app that's causing the glitch? Assuming that's what's causing the clock to mess up.

lazygregg

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar issue.

For absolutely no reason some. Of the days that I have scheduled for an alarm just. Automatically get unchecked.

I use. Samsung. Alarm and as a. Backup the new Pandora alarm

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Reboot. Battery pull. Hopefully you've tried these already. May not be it, but I am amazed at how often this actually works for many glitches.

It does sound like your phone is not connecting/updating the network time correctly. You may test unchecking that option and seeing if your phone tracks time correctly. It really should keep accurate account regardless.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset, out of pure frustration. Seems to be working consistently, however , my confidence has been rocked. Not entirely sure I'll sleep comfortably knowing that my alarm may not go off. Time and consistency will remedy this.

fastcarve

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the same issue for approximately 6 weeks and haven't figured out how to solve it. It ONLY happens with a wifi connection.

Here's what I can tell:

Every morning just before 5am if I have a WIFI connection, the phone starts to heat up, the system time/clock appears to stop. Alarm programs don't trigger regardless of which one I use.

Using CPU/process monitoring programs, I can see that Google+ is running and using approximately 25-30% CPU. It isn't generating any network traffic, and I'm not using any options to backup/upload photos, etc from G+. If the phone isn't plugged in, the battery starts to drain very quickly at this point.

I tried to remove all G+ updates and that made no difference.

My work-around has been to turn off wifi when I go to bed and everything works fine.

Any ideas to try short of doing a factory reset?

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't have my Galaxy Note 3 yet, but I've been running Alarm Clock Xtreme on the LG Intuition. It has worked well for me. I had to try a 3rd-party app because I had a another app that was conflicting with the factory-installed alarm. Maybe you are having a similar problem? At any rate, I really like the app.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just laid here from 0530 to 0600 and watch the phone not keep the accurate time, nor did any of the alarms go off. I used X treme click, I toggled the automatic time zone and time back and forth, turned off the wifi, and finally restarted the phone. I know this sounds crazy, but it's happening in the early morning hours.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Timely (3rd party app) for months now and have developed full-trust in it. It's a wonderful app - easy to use and set and very flexible. I use it 4-days a week at home and daily when traveling. It hasn't let me down once.

fastcarve

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I just laid here from 0530 to 0600 and watch the phone not keep the accurate time, nor did any of the alarms go off. I used X treme click, I toggled the automatic time zone and time back and forth, turned off the wifi, and finally restarted the phone. I know this sounds crazy, but it's happening in the early morning hours.

This is the same issue I'm having. I don't think it matters what alarm program is used. Something is making the system time stop and every alarm app would rely on that time. Turning wifi off before going to bed seems to prevent the problem from occurring for me. Beyond that I haven't found a solution.

gspam1

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same problem for a couple of months. I have to call the front desk for a wake up call now as I can't use my phone any longer when I travel. Which alarm program doesn't seem to matter. Also, whether WiFi is on or off doesn't matter either. I have a Galaxy Note 8 and Note 10.1 that have the same programs as my phone and they don't have this issue, their alarms work fine.

Buffalo_Tim

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone come up with a solution for this? Ever since I upgraded my Sprint Note 3 to Kitkat, my alarm won't go off in the morning. Even more odd, the alarm would eventually go off several minutes later, when the clock would say a completely different time. I've tried a complete reset and a cache partition wipe. Nothing worked. This is crazy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol