Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: upgrade coming, should I get....

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Note 3

10 76.92%
  • S5

2 15.38%
  • Note 4

1 7.69%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Upgrade coming, should I get the Note 3 or wait for the S5? (or possibly even wait for the Note 4?)

upgrade coming, should I get the Note 3 or wait for the S5? (or possibly even wait for the Note 4?)

I currently own three Note 2 phones. Two Verizon and one int'l version. Only one is used daily, the other two are spares.

Default Re: upgrade coming, should I get the Note 3 or wait for the S5? (or possibly even wait for the Note

S2 + "note series" form factor/features = Note (original)
    S3 + "note series" form factor/features = Note 2
    S4 + "note series" form factor/features = Note 3
    S5 + "note series" form factor/features= Note 4

From what I've read the Note 3 is a great device. Probably more of a step up from Note 2 to Note 3 then the S3 was to the S4 was.

That being said, if you have a Note 2 then I'd say wait for the S5 to see what it's like. If you're happy with that and don't really need the size/features of the Note line, go with the S5. If you like what the S5 has and need the features of the Note series, either get the Note 3 for cheaper (prices will likely drop somewhat) or wait for the Note 4. If Samsung follows their trend, the S5 will reveal the flagship features for the Note 4. Of course the Note always ups the ante' from the S model previous but still... the S model seems to be a pretty good indicator of what the Note will be.

Also keep in mind there have been rumors of a new/different flagship line - I believe it would be the F-series which may or may not have a metal body instead of poly-carbonate/plastic of the current devices.

Unless you need the upgrade within the next few months, I'd say wait for the S5 at the very least. My vote reflects waiting for S5 but like I said nothing wrong with upgrading to the Note 3 now. I know I would if I had an upgrade available!
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile

Default Re: upgrade coming, should I get the Note 3 or wait for the S5? (or possibly even wait for the Note

Had the S4, upgraded to Note 3. Love the Note 3 and not interested in S5. Especially if it is curved like some have mentioned. And Samsung will have to really push hard to get any better than the Note 3. I can't imagine what they could do to improve it.

I think you are pretty safe with going with the Note 3. It's a very powerful phone that should stay relevant for a while.

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by badkitties View Post
    upgrade coming, should I get the Note 3 or wait for the S5? (or possibly even wait for the Note 4?)

I currently own three Note 2 phones. Two Verizon and one int'l version. Only one is used daily, the other two are spares.
    If you can afford an extra 30 dollars a month on your bill for a year you should try Verizon's Edge program and once you have paid 50% of the purchase price you can upgrade to the S5 or Note 4, that's how I got my note3 and that's how I will get the note 4 when it drops later this year...I know everyone's money situation is different but it's an option.

Posted via Android Central App

Just get them all. You have spares today (like I do). Why not add another.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Android4life

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

Verizon does give you the option for the Edge Program. Everyone has their own opinion on whether it is a good deal or not. However wit the Edge Program it would benefit you two way, allow you to get into the Galaxy S5 if you really want too when it comes out and also the Note 4 when it comes out as well, since with a standard upgrade you still would not be eligible to upgrade to the Note 4 if it comes out around it's normal schedule. I would say go with the Note 3 on the Edge program, and that will give you the option to go to the Galaxy S5 when it comes out if you choose too. Just my opinion.

Default Re: Upgrade coming, should I get the Note 3 or wait for the S5? (or possibly even wait for the Note

Waiting begets waiting

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Default Re: Upgrade coming, should I get the Note 3 or wait for the S5? (or possibly even wait for the Note

Personally, I would just decide if you need the features only the note offers (spen, large screen).

If you want those then go with the Note 3. Your 9-10 months away from the 4, just get the 3. Its a solid phone.

If those features don't really matter then i would wait for the S5 and decide then.

I'd you wait for the next big thing you'll be infinitely waiting...Enjoy the time now...meow

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    "aliter ictus diversis folks"
    Thanked by: