1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Note 3: How long can i put off the update and do i want to?

i have been delaying the update from december since... well.. december. Up in the air as to whether to let it install or not. Can you ever get it to just not update if you want to? Is it true it will just eventually update on its own?

Sorry for this basic newbie questions but i am a BASIC user and don't have alot of knowledge on a lot of the topics you all discuss. I've learned a lot so far, but i am not well versed.

This is not my first android rodeo but I don't root the phone or do anything odd to it. I don't use the mobile hot spot thing that people seem to be concerned about. I am more concerned about speeds staying good, etc. after the update.

Some people have said they had to do a "hard reset" on their phones after the update. Is that like wiping the phone clean and having to reinstall all apps etc?

Again - thanks for your patience with these very (VERY) basic questions.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-20-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Default Re: How long can i put off the update and do i want to?

Skipping those issues that you aren't concerned about, I'd say update. Some people are getting faster speeds. I didn't have it long enough to compare as the update came a week after I got the phone.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks i appreciate it!

I agree. If you're not going to root, don't care about tethering,etc. then there is no reason to put it off.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

If you are not going to root or use tethering you should update, my speeds got better after the update so did my signal strength, it greatly improved my call quality as well... no more garbled sounds in the background...I didn't do a hard reset after the update and my phone is fine battery life is great. You should not be afraid to update, plus if you have any issues the folks here always help. Good luck

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Verizon Note 3: How long can i put off the update and do i want to?

Like others said, a factory data reset is not required for this update . I updated both of my note 3's without doing a factory data reset, and no problems.

If you happen to have issues then you may have to do it, but by and large this update is pretty stable for the vast majority of people

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by: