Note 3 randomly locks up..to be expected?

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi
I've had a few instances where my note 3 did a complete freeze and battery pull was Necessary. Is this typical from time to time?
Thanks

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I only had that problem with a rogue app that wasn't completely closing and would cause my phone yo lock up. Uninstalled the app since I didn't want it and haven't had lock ups since. Check last 1 or 2 apps you recently installed.

from my "Note 3" on Tapatalk

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any lockups, but... EVERY phone will lock up from time to time. These are mini computers, and are doing a lot of, well, computing. Every so often, we throw a little more than they can handle at them or a rogue app causes some funky mess. As far as being expected, no way.

Kettle

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I only had that problem with a rogue app that wasn't completely closing and would cause my phone yo lock up. Uninstalled the app since I didn't want it and haven't had lock ups since. Check last 1 or 2 apps you recently installed.

from my "Note 3" on Tapatalk

I would also bet that it is a rouge app. I tend to install tons of apps that I only use one or twice and then never again because I lose interest or even just forget about them. As a result, I perform a factory reset every few months or so just to clear everything out and start anew. I then only install apps as I need them.

I know some would view this as being a PITA but I like starting out with a new phone every few months. I will probably perform my next factory reset once KitKat is available.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I would also bet that it is a rouge app. I tend to install tons of apps that I only use one or twice and then never again because I lose interest or even just forget about them. As a result, I perform a factory reset every few months or so just to clear everything out and start anew. I then only install apps as I need them.

I know some would view this as being a PITA but I like starting out with a new phone every few months. I will probably perform my next factory reset once KitKat is available.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

LOL, I've done the same with many apps at times. I think I had like 270 apps once, and in reality I would like maybe 100 of them .

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Put N3 in safe mode for 24 hours. If no lockups, likely bad app. If you get a lockup, hardware issue. If latter and you tell Verizon it locks up in safe mode, they will replace phone, SIM and/or battery until resolved.

Or play sysadmin and try and locate offending app yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome