Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

Default Note 3 randomly locks up..to be expected?

Hi
    I've had a few instances where my note 3 did a complete freeze and battery pull was Necessary. Is this typical from time to time?
    Thanks

Default Re: Note 3 randomly locks up..to be expected?

I haven't noticed any lockups on mine yet. I haven't had mine long though.

I only had that problem with a rogue app that wasn't completely closing and would cause my phone yo lock up. Uninstalled the app since I didn't want it and haven't had lock ups since. Check last 1 or 2 apps you recently installed.

from my "Note 3" on Tapatalk

I haven't had any lockups, but... EVERY phone will lock up from time to time. These are mini computers, and are doing a lot of, well, computing. Every so often, we throw a little more than they can handle at them or a rogue app causes some funky mess. As far as being expected, no way.

Quote Originally Posted by yarnsrj View Post
    I only had that problem with a rogue app that wasn't completely closing and would cause my phone yo lock up. Uninstalled the app since I didn't want it and haven't had lock ups since. Check last 1 or 2 apps you recently installed.

from my "Note 3" on Tapatalk
    I would also bet that it is a rouge app. I tend to install tons of apps that I only use one or twice and then never again because I lose interest or even just forget about them. As a result, I perform a factory reset every few months or so just to clear everything out and start anew. I then only install apps as I need them.

I know some would view this as being a PITA but I like starting out with a new phone every few months. I will probably perform my next factory reset once KitKat is available.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kettle View Post
    I would also bet that it is a rouge app. I tend to install tons of apps that I only use one or twice and then never again because I lose interest or even just forget about them. As a result, I perform a factory reset every few months or so just to clear everything out and start anew. I then only install apps as I need them.

I know some would view this as being a PITA but I like starting out with a new phone every few months. I will probably perform my next factory reset once KitKat is available.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    LOL, I've done the same with many apps at times. I think I had like 270 apps once, and in reality I would like maybe 100 of them .

Put N3 in safe mode for 24 hours. If no lockups, likely bad app. If you get a lockup, hardware issue. If latter and you tell Verizon it locks up in safe mode, they will replace phone, SIM and/or battery until resolved.

Or play sysadmin and try and locate offending app yourself.