- 4 Posts
USB connection issue.
I just got a Note 3 last night... loving it but I am having a weird USB connection issue. If I have it plugged into my computer through USB and I tilt it a certain way, it tends to reconnect. It gets kind of annoying when I am trying to use it at the computer and it kind of scares me if I want to transfer files to it because it also seems to do it a couple times within a few seconds after the screen goes to sleep. I have to hold the phone perfectly still and keep the screen on to prevent it.
I have tried different ports and I am using the stock cable... is it possible my cable has a short or is it some weird setting with the phone being tilted? Thanks in advance.
EDIT: Also, it sometimes goes into "installer mode" when I plug it in even if I have previously selected media device. I read turning off USB debugging can fix it but it still does it every so often.
- 01-25-2014, 10:14 PM #2
Re: USB connection issue.
Welcome to Android Central! Cables can fail--remember that they basically consist of two plugs connected by wire, covered with insulation. The wires connect with contacts at the plugs, so if those connections become frayed or loose, you could start having intermittent connection problems that could be position-dependent. Try another cable, see if the same thing happens. If the same thing does happen, then I'd focus on the phone's microUSB jack.
- By reelbiggecko in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 9Last Post: 10-31-2014, 01:50 AM
- By clayton2 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 01-27-2014, 05:11 PM
- By Maynor Bustamante in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 01-25-2014, 08:52 PM
- By galaxynote3user42 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 7Last Post: 01-25-2014, 06:17 PM
- By Lasermn in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 0Last Post: 01-25-2014, 01:11 PM