1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default USB connection issue.

I just got a Note 3 last night... loving it but I am having a weird USB connection issue. If I have it plugged into my computer through USB and I tilt it a certain way, it tends to reconnect. It gets kind of annoying when I am trying to use it at the computer and it kind of scares me if I want to transfer files to it because it also seems to do it a couple times within a few seconds after the screen goes to sleep. I have to hold the phone perfectly still and keep the screen on to prevent it.

I have tried different ports and I am using the stock cable... is it possible my cable has a short or is it some weird setting with the phone being tilted? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, it sometimes goes into "installer mode" when I plug it in even if I have previously selected media device. I read turning off USB debugging can fix it but it still does it every so often.

Default Re: USB connection issue.

Welcome to Android Central! Cables can fail--remember that they basically consist of two plugs connected by wire, covered with insulation. The wires connect with contacts at the plugs, so if those connections become frayed or loose, you could start having intermittent connection problems that could be position-dependent. Try another cable, see if the same thing happens. If the same thing does happen, then I'd focus on the phone's microUSB jack.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: USB connection issue.

Yeah I may go back to the store and see if they will give me a replacement cable to try. I just thought it was weird because I tested it and if I held it and tilted it just right, it would do it every time.