Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AuburnGrad
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3: Replacement batteries

I'm expecting my new Galaxy Note 3 to arrive in a couple of days. While I wait, I'm curious as to what replacement batteries people recommend? There seems to be a lot of options. I like the idea of always having a spare battery on hand. I'd prefer to have one that doesn't require a new back, however.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-26-2014 at 11:14 PM.

Global Posts
    13,913 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Replacement batteries

Quote Originally Posted by hokie_prof View Post
    I'm expecting my new Galaxy Note 3 to arrive in a couple of days. While I wait, I'm curious as to what replacement batteries people recommend? There seems to be a lot of options. I like the idea of always having a spare battery on hand. I'd prefer to have one that doesn't require a new back, however.
    Most extended batteries will require a new back. Sometimes they come with them. If you really need a spare, I would look at getting one from Shop Android: ShopAndroid - #1 Store for Android Accessories

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Replacement batteries

I prefer to stick to the Samsung stock battery. Some third party are low quality and can fee problematic

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

Default Re: Note 3: Replacement batteries

You should get the Samsung backup battery system... It has an oem 3200mah battery and a compact external charger that works with any micro usb charger no new battery door needed

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by pdub73; 01-27-2014 at 04:13 AM.
    Thanked by:

I would stay with an OEM battery as well. You ill find that you really don't need the extended battery anyway. The Note 3 has plenty of power as it is for a full day of use. Also, most knock off batteries do not have the NFC antenna in them. I got an OEM battery from an eBay seller for$10 shipped and have never needed it and use my Note 3 constantly.

Like others mentioned. Get the Samsung charger set. I carry it everywhere now and unless at home. I am more prone to swap batteries and let the low one charge in the charger. Has been very handy on battery intensive trips. Big cities, large sporting events, long travel days. I feel much saver with a charger pack plugged in at an airport than my phone. If it's not in my hand at least. And we know all airports have a shortage of outlets.

Go Hokies. I went to Auburn but live up there for 2 years and loved it.

Lastly. Enjoy the new phone. It's great. I wouldn't trade mine

Posted via Android Central App
    hokie_prof likes this.

The stock battery is pretty good, but I also have a 6400mah (Hyperion??) battery and back. It makes the phone a lot larger, but not too large (IMHO). I use the stock battery when around home, but when traveling, I always use the larger battery. With the larger battery, it would be VERY difficult to run out of juice!

The larger battery comes with a shiny-black back - pretty ugly. But, they also sell a rubberized back that goes over the shiny black one. With that, it's pretty decent.

The 6400mah battery and rubberized-back runs about $45.

See my review here: Hyperion Extended Battery, Hyperion case cover & SPIGEN glass Screen Protector

bert
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks for the suggestions! I've had my phone for about a week now and I've been very impressed with the stock battery. It's making it up into the evening with regular use, data constantly activated, and several widgets. I even got a full work day out of it when I while using animated wallpaper. I may get a Samsung back-up battery just for travel purposes, but this thing is amazing. It also seems to charge quickly. Best phone ever!!!

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

I just switched from a GS3 to a new Note 3, and I am astonished by the battery life. I purchased an extra battery assuming that I'd need it, but a week in- I have not needed it once. By the way- I purchased my spare (stock) battery from Verizon for $35 or so. I will only purchase batteries from an authorized retailer since I literally could not purchase a real Samsung spare battery for my previous Samsung phone any other way. I bought several through eBay, Amazon, All4Cellular, etc and all turned out to be counterfeit. Anyone who has purchased a battery from a source other than their mobile phone service provider or the manufacturer (in my experience / opinion) very likely has a counterfeit battery which may or may not work well.