My Magazine

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes from what I've read. Its basically Samsung's version of HTC's Blinkfeed. Its a handy app that you can personalize to fit your needs for pooling all your social media, calender events, etc. all in one place to make the best use of your device and your time to review it all.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why they have this and Flipboard installed on the device. They basically do the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why they have this and Flipboard installed on the device. They basically do the same thing.

you're right (about magazine & flipboard) .. although I like the UI on flipboard a bit better and until they get mymagazine a little further along, it's a bit more clunky than the flipboard (I like the concept of local + social, etc. but it still needs work). If they get mymagazine improved, one could do without flipboard. but I bet it was part of the bloatware distribution deal (probably samsung gets it for free for mymagazine in return for having the native app pre-installed on the 'desktop' of the note 3). from the mymagazine updates, it's clear it's still a work in progress, which is fine.

one thing I found out is you can swipe upward in mymagazine to change the content in the section you are viewing (e.g. news, etc)

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
you're right (about magazine & flipboard) .. although I like the UI on flipboard a bit better and until they get mymagazine a little further along, it's a bit more clunky than the flipboard (I like the concept of local + social, etc. but it still needs work). If they get mymagazine improved, one could do without flipboard. but I bet it was part of the bloatware distribution deal (probably samsung gets it for free for mymagazine in return for having the native app pre-installed on the 'desktop' of the note 3). from the mymagazine updates, it's clear it's still a work in progress, which is fine.

one thing I found out is you can swipe upward in mymagazine to change the content in the section you are viewing (e.g. news, etc)

I think that you should be able to uninstall it.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
so tonight's MyMagazine looks like it's added facebook to the social feed, which is good (unless it was there before?)...

you can probably uninstall flipbook, and others have figured out how to replace the home key second press to move away from mymagazine (I don't mind it)

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
so tonight's MyMagazine looks like it's added facebook to the social feed, which is good (unless it was there before?)...

you can probably uninstall flipbook, and others have figured out how to replace the home key second press to move away from mymagazine (I don't mind it)

You can still access it through swiping up correct? Any way to disable that?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I'm really pleased with my note 3 and "my magazine" is a feature I hadn't heard about ahead of time. My last phone had all kinds of tutorials on it to watch and learn but I'm not seeing any on note 3 so I'm grateful for this forum!

sent from my Note 3

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Download GALAXY Note 3 Experience app from the Play Store. Good tutorials in it. After you're comfortable, you can delete the app. After that, Youtube.

ballisticn8

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
If you dont like the app I believe its a system app that cannot be uninstalled but can be turned off. Manage Applications >> All >> My Magazine >> Turn Off

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
If you dont like the app I believe its a system app that cannot be uninstalled but can be turned off. Manage Applications >> All >> My Magazine >> Turn Off

When I tried to do this the "turn off" button is grayed out and cannot be selected.

I was able to stop the magazine from showing up when I clicked on my home button (after agreeing to all the magazine terms and BS, then selecting the option for it not to be used with clicking the home button within the magazine itself) but when I swipe upwards it still appears.

Posted via Android Central App