Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    ansa82's Avatar

    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

    Default My Magazine

    Is this a free service?

    sent from my Note 3
  2. #2  

    Default Re: My Magazine

    Yes from what I've read. Its basically Samsung's version of HTC's Blinkfeed. Its a handy app that you can personalize to fit your needs for pooling all your social media, calender events, etc. all in one place to make the best use of your device and your time to review it all.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





  3. #3  

    Default Re: My Magazine

    I don't understand why they have this and Flipboard installed on the device. They basically do the same thing.


    Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: My Magazine

    Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    I don't understand why they have this and Flipboard installed on the device. They basically do the same thing.

    Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.
    you're right (about magazine & flipboard) .. although I like the UI on flipboard a bit better and until they get mymagazine a little further along, it's a bit more clunky than the flipboard (I like the concept of local + social, etc. but it still needs work). If they get mymagazine improved, one could do without flipboard. but I bet it was part of the bloatware distribution deal (probably samsung gets it for free for mymagazine in return for having the native app pre-installed on the 'desktop' of the note 3). from the mymagazine updates, it's clear it's still a work in progress, which is fine.

    one thing I found out is you can swipe upward in mymagazine to change the content in the section you are viewing (e.g. news, etc)
  5. #5  

    Default Re: My Magazine

    Quote Originally Posted by daves221 View Post
    you're right (about magazine & flipboard) .. although I like the UI on flipboard a bit better and until they get mymagazine a little further along, it's a bit more clunky than the flipboard (I like the concept of local + social, etc. but it still needs work). If they get mymagazine improved, one could do without flipboard. but I bet it was part of the bloatware distribution deal (probably samsung gets it for free for mymagazine in return for having the native app pre-installed on the 'desktop' of the note 3). from the mymagazine updates, it's clear it's still a work in progress, which is fine.

    one thing I found out is you can swipe upward in mymagazine to change the content in the section you are viewing (e.g. news, etc)
    I think that you should be able to uninstall it.


    Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: My Magazine

    so tonight's MyMagazine looks like it's added facebook to the social feed, which is good (unless it was there before?)...

    you can probably uninstall flipbook, and others have figured out how to replace the home key second press to move away from mymagazine (I don't mind it)
  7. #7  

    Default Re: My Magazine

    Quote Originally Posted by daves221 View Post
    so tonight's MyMagazine looks like it's added facebook to the social feed, which is good (unless it was there before?)...

    you can probably uninstall flipbook, and others have figured out how to replace the home key second press to move away from mymagazine (I don't mind it)
    You can still access it through swiping up correct? Any way to disable that?


    Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    ansa82's Avatar

    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

    Default Re: My Magazine

    Thanks! I'm really pleased with my note 3 and "my magazine" is a feature I hadn't heard about ahead of time. My last phone had all kinds of tutorials on it to watch and learn but I'm not seeing any on note 3 so I'm grateful for this forum!

    Quote Originally Posted by daves221 View Post
    you're right (about magazine & flipboard) .. although I like the UI on flipboard a bit better and until they get mymagazine a little further along, it's a bit more clunky than the flipboard (I like the concept of local + social, etc. but it still needs work). If they get mymagazine improved, one could do without flipboard. but I bet it was part of the bloatware distribution deal (probably samsung gets it for free for mymagazine in return for having the native app pre-installed on the 'desktop' of the note 3). from the mymagazine updates, it's clear it's still a work in progress, which is fine.

    one thing I found out is you can swipe upward in mymagazine to change the content in the section you are viewing (e.g. news, etc)


    sent from my Note 3
  9. #9  
    TheMacs's Avatar

    Posts
    415 Posts
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

    Default Re: My Magazine

    Download GALAXY Note 3 Experience app from the Play Store. Good tutorials in it. After you're comfortable, you can delete the app. After that, Youtube.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    ansa82's Avatar

    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

    Default Re: My Magazine

    I will do that! Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMacs View Post
    Download GALAXY Note 3 Experience app from the Play Store. Good tutorials in it. After you're comfortable, you can delete the app. After that, Youtube.


    sent from my Note 3
  11. #11  

    Default Re: My Magazine

    If you dont like the app I believe its a system app that cannot be uninstalled but can be turned off. Manage Applications >> All >> My Magazine >> Turn Off
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    ansa82's Avatar

    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

    Default Re: My Magazine

    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by ballisticn8 View Post
    If you dont like the app I believe its a system app that cannot be uninstalled but can be turned off. Manage Applications >> All >> My Magazine >> Turn Off


    sent from my Note 3
  13. #13  

    Default Re: My Magazine

    Quote Originally Posted by ballisticn8 View Post
    If you dont like the app I believe its a system app that cannot be uninstalled but can be turned off. Manage Applications >> All >> My Magazine >> Turn Off
    When I tried to do this the "turn off" button is grayed out and cannot be selected.

    I was able to stop the magazine from showing up when I clicked on my home button (after agreeing to all the magazine terms and BS, then selecting the option for it not to be used with clicking the home button within the magazine itself) but when I swipe upwards it still appears.

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. How to get Free digital magazines to your device and it's legal
    By mchi5 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 03:45 PM
  2. my widgets just disappeared
    By imurrx in forum Moto X
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 06:01 AM
  3. How to get Free digital magazines to your device
    By mchi5 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 09:15 PM
  4. Dropped my Samsung Galaxy S4 in water, camera won't work...
    By walesser in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 11:20 AM
  5. Cant find downloaded music on my galaxy note 3
    By gmc9 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 10:28 AM

Posting Permissions

B