Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Note 3: Can someone me with Adobe Flash issue

    It seems that I can't view content that needs Flash to play. How do I get around this? I did a search on the Play Store but only came up with the Adobe Reader. There has got to he a way around this.

    I have a 1 month old Note 3 on VZW.

    Thanks for anyone's comments

    Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-08-2014 at 07:27 PM.
  2. #2  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    3,608 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,617 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamEOS 4.4 Nightly

    Default Re: Can someone me with this Flash issue#

    Quote Originally Posted by aspenedelen View Post
    It seems that I can't view content that needs Flash to play. How do I get around this? I did a search on the Play Store but only came up with the Adobe Reader. There has got to he a way around this.

    I have a 1 month old Note 3 on VZW.

    Thanks for anyone's comments

    Posted via Android Central App
    You can use a browser that supports flash like dolphin browser or boat browser.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Please support open source projects and developers (like me)!
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Can someone me with this Flash issue#

    You should also install flash

    http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...-versions.html


    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Can someone me with this Flash issue#

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    You should also install flash

    http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...-versions.html


    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

    Figuring out which flash to download is a little daunting as the first one I downloaded couldn't open on this N3.

    Any advice?

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Can someone me with this Flash issue#

    Quote Originally Posted by aspenedelen View Post
    Figuring out which flash to download is a little daunting as the first one I downloaded couldn't open on this N3.

    Any advice?

    Posted via Android Central App
    This is the direct link


    http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...player_ics.apk

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by:
    beh 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Can someone me with this Flash issue#

    Thank you very much! Enjoy your Friday and weekend

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Can someone me with this Flash issue#

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    This is the direct link


    http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...player_ics.apk

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Dpham perhaps you can help me. I also had this issue with flash and downloaded from your link and said it was installed successfully but I still get this msg when I try to edit something on this website I use. Any thoughts? Is it perhaps just not something that can be accessed/edited on a smartphone?

    Cheers for the help :-)

    Sarks.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Note 3: Can someone me with Adobe Flash issue-1391216941754.jpg  
  8. #8  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    3,608 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,617 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamEOS 4.4 Nightly

    Default Re: Can someone me with this Flash issue#

    Quote Originally Posted by sarkycow View Post
    Dpham perhaps you can help me. I also had this issue with flash and downloaded from your link and said it was installed successfully but I still get this msg when I try to edit something on this website I use. Any thoughts? Is it perhaps just not something that can be accessed/edited on a smartphone?

    Cheers for the help :-)

    Sarks.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Like I stated above, have you tried a browser that has flash on it like Dolphin Browser?
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Please support open source projects and developers (like me)!
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Can someone me with this Flash issue#

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Like I stated above, have you tried a browser that has flash on it like Dolphin Browser?
    This screen shot is taken from Dolphin, just downloaded it again from the play store to see if it would work (generally I stick to chrome cos I like it but dolphin is nice also)

    I get the same msg I get whilst using Chrome. Don't know if it's the website not letting me edit on a phone but at the same time don't know why that would affect the flash player.

    Sarks.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Note 3: Can someone me with Adobe Flash issue-1391228443968.jpg  
  10. #10  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    3,608 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,617 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamEOS 4.4 Nightly

    Default Re: Can someone me with this Flash issue#

    Quote Originally Posted by sarkycow View Post
    This screen shot is taken from Dolphin, just downloaded it again from the play store to see if it would work (generally I stick to chrome cos I like it but dolphin is nice also)

    I get the same msg I get whilst using Chrome. Don't know if it's the website not letting me edit on a phone but at the same time don't know why that would affect the flash player.

    Sarks.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Have you enabled flash in the browser settings?
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Please support open source projects and developers (like me)!
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Can someone me with this Flash issue#

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Have you enabled flash in the browser settings?
    Okay ...I'm a t-w-a-t !! Thank you so much! :-)

    Posted via Android Central App
  12. #12  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    3,608 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,617 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamEOS 4.4 Nightly

    Default Re: Can someone me with this Flash issue#

    Quote Originally Posted by sarkycow View Post
    Okay ...I'm a t-w-a-t !! Thank you so much! :-)

    Posted via Android Central App
    No problem! :P
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Please support open source projects and developers (like me)!
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Can someone me with this Flash issue#

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Have you enabled flash in the browser settings?
    Yeah, enable flash and also enable desktop mode is sometimes required

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default

    Not to sound like a huge fool but why doesn't or isn't Flash enabled on Android? Is it money, I'm the man, stature?

    I just can't wrap my head around why a company this good can't get it right. You send out a great product but leave applications out that WILL make your product better than others I don't get the understanding with this Samsung!

    Posted via Android Central App
  15. #15  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    3,608 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,617 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamEOS 4.4 Nightly

    Default Re: Can someone me with this Flash issue#

    Quote Originally Posted by aspenedelen View Post
    Not to sound like a huge fool but why doesn't or isn't Flash enabled on Android? Is it money, I'm the man, stature?

    I just can't wrap my head around why a company this good can't get it right. You send out a great product but leave applications out that WILL make your product better than others I don't get the understanding with this Samsung!

    Posted via Android Central App
    The company just stopped supporting android for flash. Most browsers moved on to HTML5.

    Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Please support open source projects and developers (like me)!
  16. #16  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    3,608 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,617 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamEOS 4.4 Nightly

    Default Re: Can someone me with this Flash issue#

    I think a browser with flash is pretty much all you need.

    Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Please support open source projects and developers (like me)!
  17. #17  
    maxnicks's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

    Default Re: Can someone me with this Flash issue#

    If you're at all interested, Here is a quote, "The company (Adobe) had already said that HTML5 was the way forward on phones and tablets."
    source: Adobe confirms it won't support Flash on Android 4.1, stops new Flash installs from Google Play on August 15th
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Note 3: Can someone me with Adobe Flash issue

    Quote Originally Posted by aspenedelen View Post
    Not to sound like a huge fool but why doesn't or isn't Flash enabled on Android? Is it money, I'm the man, stature?

    I just can't wrap my head around why a company this good can't get it right. You send out a great product but leave applications out that WILL make your product better than others I don't get the understanding with this Samsung!

    Posted via Android Central App
    It's not Samsung, it's not android, it's Adobe, flash belongs to Adobe, they stopped supporting flash on mobile devices some time ago, also stopped, or are in the near future, flash support on Linux, flash will soon be dead for most purposes, for the time being you can still get a version that will work with some browsers on android...
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Note 3: Can someone me with Adobe Flash issue

    Dolphin browser is a known data miner.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Note 3: Can someone me with Adobe Flash issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacemaker24 View Post
    Dolphin browser is a known data miner.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro
    Any alternatives?

    Sent from my VERIZON LG G2
  21. #21  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    3,608 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,617 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamEOS 4.4 Nightly

    Default Re: Note 3: Can someone me with Adobe Flash issue

    Quote Originally Posted by tjrssibelle View Post
    Any alternatives?

    Sent from my VERIZON LG G2

    Try Maxathon Browser:

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.mx.browser
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Please support open source projects and developers (like me)!
    Thanked by:
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Note 3: Can someone me with Adobe Flash issue

    Quote Originally Posted by tjrssibelle View Post
    Any alternatives?

    Sent from my VERIZON LG G2
    Firefox also works well
  23. #23  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    3,608 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,617 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamEOS 4.4 Nightly

    Default Re: Note 3: Can someone me with Adobe Flash issue

    Quote Originally Posted by rusty502 View Post
    Firefox also works well
    And Boat Browser. And Dolphin Browser. And Maxathon Browser.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Please support open source projects and developers (like me)!

Similar Threads

  1. Keep Me From Throwing My G2 At The Wall
    By jaybz in forum AT&T LG G2
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 11:47 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-26-2014, 06:56 PM
  3. AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk (PTT) with N5
    By alex800 in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 01:56 PM
  4. Help with Samsung Galaxy S3-Keeps turning off
    By Alexis Momney in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 09:18 PM
  5. Samsung galaxy S3 Lock on/off issue
    By Proxboct ViTeA in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 06:55 PM

Posting Permissions