Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Messages isn't responding. Do you want to close?"

I received my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 by Verizon last friday in the mail. I was upgrading from an iPhone 4. I spent all week trying to transfer my contacts, music, photos and text messages over. Succeeded yesterday using Easy Phone Sync, when Samsung Smart Switch and Android File Transfer didn't work. MY text messaging worked fine until today. I'm still receiving messages and I'm able to send but it's sluggish. The screen often freezes while in MESSAGES and I get the following error message ""Messages isn't responding. Do you want to close?" Can anyone help please?

Global Posts
    8,687 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: "Messages isn't responding. Do you want to close?"

Quote Originally Posted by tommyg530 View Post
    I received my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 by Verizon last friday in the mail. I was upgrading from an iPhone 4. I spent all week trying to transfer my contacts, music, photos and text messages over. Succeeded yesterday using Easy Phone Sync, when Samsung Smart Switch and Android File Transfer didn't work. MY text messaging worked fine until today. I'm still receiving messages and I'm able to send but it's sluggish. The screen often freezes while in MESSAGES and I get the following error message ""Messages isn't responding. Do you want to close?" Can anyone help please?
    That's an odd issue to be having on such a new device. Try going to Settings > Applications > All > Messaging and clear the cache. Don't clear data as that will erase all text messages. See if that helps and let us know.

If it doesn't, take a look at a third-party Messaging App from the Play Store and see if you have better success with that. Still, don't think you should be having those issues with the stock messaging App.