Anyone bought a Note 3 during "Trade in Trade up"

jd350az

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone bought a Note 3 during Verizon's "Trade in Trade up" deal? They say they will include a coupon for a better deal during trade in and I was wondering what it ended up being. I am planning to trade in my iphone 4s and VZW already says they will give me $200 on that so I was wondering if the coupon added any more.

-JD

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone bought a Note 3 during Verizon's "Trade in Trade up" deal? They say they will include a coupon for a better deal during trade in and I was wondering what it ended up being. I am planning to trade in my iphone 4s and VZW already says they will give me $200 on that so I was wondering if the coupon added any more.

-JD

The promo doesn't add anything, it just guarantees that you would get a minimum $100gc

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

mzdrati

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I did. If you are renewing a 2 year contract, and want to buy using the on-contract pricing, the Note 3 is now $199.99. Use coupon code "VZWDEAL" and the price drops to $149.99. I traded in a worthless Blackberry from 1997, and they gave me another $100, so I paid $50 for the Note 3. The customer service rep that I spoke with told me that they are giving more for iPhones than any other phone for some reason.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Old BlackBerry Storm --> Note 3. Supposed to be delivered on Wed. Should get $100 gift card + used VZWDEAL code during checkout = $49.99. I ordered on Sunday got free 2 day shipping but not free over night shipping because I ordered on the weekend.

Deb from my Note 2

asmo13

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I did. If you are renewing a 2 year contract, and want to buy using the on-contract pricing, the Note 3 is now $199.99. Use coupon code "VZWDEAL" and the price drops to $149.99. I traded in a worthless Blackberry from 1997, and they gave me another $100, so I paid $50 for the Note 3. The customer service rep that I spoke with told me that they are giving more for iPhones than any other phone for some reason.

I'm assuming you ordered online? If so, how did you also do the deal? I have two phones I would like to trade in as well as use the deal if possible.

asmo13

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! Now I tried ordering it and putting in the VZWDEAL promotion, but nothing happens. The price stays the same. I've updated the cart and pushed "ok" next to the promotion bar. Any help?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Now I tried ordering it and putting in the VZWDEAL promotion, but nothing happens. The price stays the same. I've updated the cart and pushed "ok" next to the promotion bar. Any help?

Are you buying a rose gold one? Also, you have to go further into checkout to see the coupon

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Old BlackBerry Storm --> Note 3. Supposed to be delivered on Wed. Should get $100 gift card + used VZWDEAL code during checkout = $49.99. I ordered on Sunday got free 2 day shipping but not free over night shipping because I ordered on the weekend.

Deb from my Note 2

WOW! Still rockin' the old Storm?? Glad to see someone else liked that phone. All I heard was complaining about it, but I liked it!

sj2000

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I bought Note3 2 weeks ago until now i did not get the promo code for trade in, I got in the email for promo code with $50 but not the $100 and the promo code did not work. Just chatted online with cust rep, she said to bring the trade in to the local store and they will give $100 gift card. Will try it tonight.

mzdrati

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming you ordered online? If so, how did you also do the deal? I have two phones I would like to trade in as well as use the deal if possible.

I ordered over the phone because I wanted a black one, and the "VZWDEAL" promo code only applies to the Rose Gold one online. Over the phone they applied it to any color I requested. Also- you have to tell them that you want to take advantage the "Trade-In, Trade-Up" promotion. If your experience is anything like mine, they will tell you that they are going to make a note in your account, and will instruct you to take your phone into any VZW location, and they will see that you just bought a phone and will apply the $100 or more credit to your account (or give it to you for an in-store purchase).

sj2000

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Finally I got my $100 by going to local store and traded in my Apple 3gs, initiallly the employee said they never done it, but then he asked the manager and the manager approved.

asmo13

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I ordered over the phone because I wanted a black one, and the "VZWDEAL" promo code only applies to the Rose Gold one online. Over the phone they applied it to any color I requested. Also- you have to tell them that you want to take advantage the "Trade-In, Trade-Up" promotion. If your experience is anything like mine, they will tell you that they are going to make a note in your account, and will instruct you to take your phone into any VZW location, and they will see that you just bought a phone and will apply the $100 or more credit to your account (or give it to you for an in-store purchase).

Awesome! Do you know if I could buy it online/over the phone and still go pick it up in store?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol