Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

Default Not fully charging?

When I wake up and take my note 3 off of the charger (charging overnight) I turn it on and it says 99%? Is it odd that it's not charging all the way? Within 1 minute of being on its at 98%. Very odd

sent from my Note 3

Global Posts
    22,226 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Not fully charging?

Quote Originally Posted by ansa82 View Post
    When I wake up and take my note 3 off of the charger (charging overnight) I turn it on and it says 99%? Is it odd that it's not charging all the way? Within 1 minute of being on its at 98%. Very odd

sent from my Note 3
    I think your battery has gone bad.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

Sorry I didn't explain fully. I just got note 3 brand new from Verizon store last week.
    Is there a possibility a battery can be defective?

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I think your battery has gone bad.

sent from my Note 3

Global Posts
    22,226 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Sorry I didn't explain fully. I just got note 3 brand new from Verizon store last week.
    Is there a possibility a battery can be defective?

sent from my Note 3
    No worries....I originally thought you said a Note 2, and had to edit my reply. I think you may have a defective battery. I have seen a few posts about some bad ones out of the box.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi

If you're able, try charging the phone with it turned off.

On a website I came across devoted to mobile battery life (tablets, cellphones, laptops) it strongly that when you first get the device to run it down until it turns off, leave it turned off, and charge it to 100% undisturbed. It also recommends doing a complete discharge (and power-off recharge) every 2 months or so, but other then that to do quick "top-up" charges when you're on the go - trying to keep the battery above 60% was the rough goal. Aparently these practices keep the "fuel gauge" (how full the battery actually is) properly calibrated and is also the best for your battery's overall lifespan (long term).

Hope this info helps. Good luck with solving your battery problems, although personally I wouldn't worry if it it would drop a point or 2 fairly quickly but then stabilize for the rest of the day. If it continues to drop fairly rapidly then there is much greater cause for concern.
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

Ok Thanks! I will see what happens with charging overnight and if it's not at 100% again should I call samsung, go to store where I purchased it or call Verizon customer service?

No worries....I originally thought you said a Note 2, and had to edit my reply. I think you may have a defective battery. I have seen a few posts about some bad ones out of the box.

sent from my Note 3

Global Posts
    22,226 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Ok Thanks! I will see what happens with charging overnight and if it's not at 100% again should I call samsung, go to store where I purchased it or call Verizon customer service?

sent from my Note 3
    I would call Customer Service first. No point getting in the car if you don't have to.

Phone Timeline
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

Good point! Thanks!

I would call Customer Service first. No point getting in the car if you don't have to.

sent from my Note 3