Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By maya707
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth stereo not stereo!

Maybe someone has experienced this. I just got an LG Tone HBS-700 stereo bluetooth headset as a gift. It pairs and plays music with my Vzw Note 3 but in mono only. Both earpieces are working, but the sound is in mono, not stereo. I have tried the native Music app and also jetAudio. Wired headsets work fine; just this bluetooth one has issues. Is this a "setting" issue or a hardware issue? Thanks ahead!

Default Re: Bluetooth stereo not stereo!

On your phone, go to Settings>Wireless & Networks, tap Bluetooth, then tap the settings icon right next to the headphones in question. Under "Profiles," make sure "Media Audio" is checked. If only "Phone Audio" is checked, then it might be streaming mono because it doesn't need such high fidelity.
    Thanked by 2:
    behmaya707 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have them both checked. That's why I'm puzzled.

Weird. What if you uncheck the "Phone Audio" box and leave "Media Audio" checked?
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Tried that yesterday also. Same. I'll diagnose the hard way by pairing other devices with both of them and check how they play. I'll post the results tonight or tomorrow. Thanks B. Diddy!
    B. Diddy likes this.

I sync my phone to my car stereo while streaming Spotify and it's playing stero, not mono.

Posted via my Note 3
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

OK, my headset works fine with both my old Bionic and my wife's Note 3. Must be either a defective phone or an improper setting. I think I checked all the possible settings...any other suggestions anyone?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

FIXED! In settings/accessibility/hearing I had mono audio checked. The description of this selection is to switch to mono audio when using a mono headset. I assumed it was meant for wired mono headsets. There is no mention of it's effects on bluetooth headsets whether monoraul or stereo.
    Thanked by: