Former iPhone 5 owner now new to the Android world

Daniel Negron

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello, just bought my new Note 3 from years of owning apple phones. so far this phone is such a beautiful piece of technology, and I'm still trying to learn all the stuff the phone can do. I feel like I'm free of being handcuffed to the iPhone and Apple themselves. I do still own an iPad min, which has not given me any problems so far. I just came off the iPhone 5 and the phone was a huge let down for me. Then major battery issues started happening where I would have 50 to 60% battery life and the phone would shut off thinking the battery was dead, or the battery would drain instantly. Anyway I have a question; when dialing on the keypad I just hear 1 tone beeps. Is there anyway to change that to the actual dial tones?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello, just bought my new Note 3 from years of owning apple phones. so far this phone is such a beautiful piece of technology, and I'm still trying to learn all the stuff the phone can do. I feel like I'm free of being handcuffed to the iPhone and Apple themselves. I do still own an iPad min, which has not given me any problems so far. I just came off the iPhone 5 and the phone was a huge let down for me. Then major battery issues started happening where I would have 50 to 60% battery life and the phone would shut off thinking the battery was dead, or the battery would drain instantly. Anyway I have a question; when dialing on the keypad I just hear 1 tone beeps. Is there anyway to change that to the actual dial tones?

Welcome to android! Are you referring to the sounds it makes? I don't think it's possible to change unless you gain root access and replace the sound files associated with the dial pad.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I converted from the iPhone 5 to the Note 3 about 3 months ago. Many things about Android is very different than IOS. It took me about a 4 to 6 weeks to fully appreciate the flexibility of Android over IOS. I didn't have a jail-broken iPhone, nor have I rooted my Note 3. There are numerous different dialing programs available for Android - maybe there's one that gives you the dual-tones. It looks this one may: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.welldonecom.android.ToneDial.paid&hl=en

You'll find that the apps for Android generally provide a lot more flexibility than Apple lets developers have with IOS.

Daniel Negron

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Another question. I noticed when I take pics with low light they don't come out as sharp as my iPhone, is there a setting for this? The Note's 3 pics look somewhat pastelish. Excuse the mess!
iPhone 5.jpg -iPhone 5
iPhone_Note 3.jpg -Note 3

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The camera in the Note 3 may be hi-res (13 megapixel), but it's not very good in low light. The iPhone 5 camera is definitely better in low light.

The biggest issue with the Note 3 camera is that it can't focus and expose in different areas of the image. There are some very good image editing apps, but the camera app that I've found to be best that has decent image editing built in is VSCO, but the UI can be a pain to use. Although in the case of low light images, the OEM camera app performs best in my tests, but not as good as the iPhone.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Did you have smart stabilization on or off when you snapped that pic?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
There are several lighting settings. You may have to experiment with them to get best results in different type lighting.

Daniel Negron

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
OK friends, here are my other questions as I use the Note 3 day to day. While listening to music, sometimes for no reason the music just stops. Why is that? Also is there any way to get the volume any louder than 15? I feel it's kind of low.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
OK friends, here are my other questions as I use the Note 3 day to day. While listening to music, sometimes for no reason the music just stops. Why is that? Also is there any way to get the volume any louder than 15? I feel it's kind of low.

Do you get any new notifications or anything?
It could be a loose connection with the headphone jack, so make sure that's plugged in properly

Posted via Android Central App

Daniel Negron

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I switched from Airplane mode to normal and it stopped. It may have been the headphone connection since it was when I was slipping the phone into my coat pocket.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I switched from Airplane mode to normal and it stopped. It may have been the headphone connection since it was when I was slipping the phone into my coat pocket.

That's likely. It had nothing to do with the switch from airplane mode

Daniel Negron

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
it pauses when I switch off airplane mode. I can't understand why it's doing it. I just did it now without the headphones plugged in.
Ok, I did it again and it didn't pause. Hmm...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
it pauses when I switch off airplane mode. I can't understand why it's doing it. I just did it now without the headphones plugged in.
Ok, I did it again and it didn't pause. Hmm...

o_O
Could be switching from WiFi to data if it's being streamed

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams