Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    667 Global Posts

Default Odd charging issue

So I've had my note 3 for 9 days. Yesterday I noticed that after charging all night (phone off plugged in to rapid charger) it only said 99% when I turned it on at 6am. Within a minute it went to 98%. Last night I changed outlets just in case. I noticed after charging all night the phone charge meter (when phone is off) said 100%, and indicator light is green However, I turn the phone on and it says 98%?? What gives? I called Verizon yesterday and they said they would send me a new battery to see if that's the issue but I never got any confirmation and there is no order on my account so I think the rep messed up. I know I'm in my first 14 days for a few more days but I just had a really nice screen protector put on this device so I would rather not switch it out for another phone. Does anyone else have this odd charging issue?
    Thanks!

sent from my Note 3

Default Re: Odd charging issue

this is normal behavior and has been discussed a million times in these forums. the phone's charging technology stops charging at 100% and then at ~98% begins charging again. this prevents damage to the phone and battery. don't sweat it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    667 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    this is normal behavior and has been discussed a million times in these forums. the phone's charging technology stops charging at 100% and then at ~98% begins charging again. this prevents damage to the phone and battery. don't sweat it.
    But if it gets to 100% and is off why is it going backwards to 99 or 98% before I turn it back on? Does it charge and then once charged fully starts discharging when still plugged in?

sent from my Note 3
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    667 Global Posts

Unfortunately I just noticed (as I plugged it in to charge) that I wasn't seeing the "lightening bolt" to let you know the device is plugged in and charging. I unplugged it and plugged it in again and Boom the indicator came on and started charging. Is there an issue with the charge contacts with this phone??

sent from my Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by ansa82 View Post
    Unfortunately I just noticed (as I plugged it in to charge) that I wasn't seeing the "lightening bolt" to let you know the device is plugged in and charging. I unplugged it and plugged it in again and Boom the indicator came on and started charging. Is there an issue with the charge contacts with this phone??

sent from my Note 3
    I had a charging issue with mine awhile back. USB 3.0 that came with the phone worked fine for 2 weeks. Then for some reason it wouldn't register it as the default charger and kept making endless notifications about slow charging while it was plugged in. Tossed on a 2.0 and that registered as default. They got me a new USB 3.0 and haven't had it happen since.

Posted via Android Central App