1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Default Colors and Battery drain

I am not sure this is a 'Note 3 only' kind of comment but I don't want to get into a different forum for one item. Is it just me, or do others of you wish that all the news sources for technology (including Android Central) would set up separate "style" feeds for companies coming out with phones in different colors. I don't care if it is red or teak or etched like a circuit board. I want to know what it can do. Now I have to hunt for the real news...like will the S5 have enough more RAM to make me want to switch again so soon....

Separately, at a Super Bowl party I had a 1 time event with my Note 3. The battery went from 98% to 17% in about 2.5 hours and I could not find anything strange running and the screen wasn't on any more than usual. It got kind of warm.

Took it home charged it up and normal ever since.
    Current: GN3&GN2 10.1/Prior:TP201/Xoom/Archos101/RAZR MAXX HD/RAZR MAXX/Evo3D/Evo4G/allSprintTreos&Recovering Pre user.

Default Re: Colors and Battery drain

I agree, the excitement over different colored tech doesn't make sense to me. For what it's worth, I think AC usually reports this as fairly straightforward "new color, same device" articles.

In regard to your battery drain--any idea what the cell signal was like at your party? If the signal stunk, then the battery may have drained in part due to increased work of the cell radio.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

I need to check next time I go to their house...you are probably right. Verizon is generally so good around here I didn't think to check.

The other comment was right after I was reading Pulse with 5 or 6 different feeds telling me the Nexus 5 now comes in RED!!! paint which will probably be covered by a rainbow of case colors :-)
    Current: GN3&GN2 10.1/Prior:TP201/Xoom/Archos101/RAZR MAXX HD/RAZR MAXX/Evo3D/Evo4G/allSprintTreos&Recovering Pre user.

Remember the media feeding frenzy when the WHITE IPHONE rumors kept on coming several years ago? Oooooh, an iPhone--BUT IN WHITE! I think that's where it all started.

Battery drain trying to maintain connection in less that ideal coverage area my first guess. Although this some times happens to me when I have a rogue app running unknowingly that I forgot to close completely.

from my "Note 3" on Tapatalk