Thinking of switching phones.....please help

razr maxximus

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I am a current owner of the Verizon Driod Razr Maxx. My contract is up and I'm ready to get a new phone. I am thinking about the Galaxy S4 or the Note 3. The Razr Maxx has incredible battery life which concerns me with the Galaxy S4. I know the Note 3 has an awesome battery but I am concerned about the gigantic screen size.
Any thoughts out there??
Thank you.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
It's funny how quickly you get used to the screen size. I had the galaxy S2 prior to getting my Note 3 and I am amazed at how fast I adjusted to the size. It feels "just right" to me now. My old faithful galaxy S2 looks like an iPhone 4 in comparison.

from my "Note 3" on Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have never had any issues getting through a day with my S4 and I usually get two days with a little over 6 hours of screen time, but I guess it could be a letdown if you're coming from a Maxx.
The Note 3 is a big phone, but you're not going to use it with one hand, so you should get used to it pretty quick

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
You should really take a look at the G2. It's a stellar phone with stellar battery life. You get used to the unique button layout very fast.

Sent from my liberated iPad Air LTE 

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It's funny how quickly you get used to the screen size. I had the galaxy S2 prior to getting my Note 3 and I am amazed at how fast I adjusted to the size. It feels "just right" to me now. My old faithful galaxy S2 looks like an iPhone 4 in comparison.

from my "Note 3" on Tapatalk

DITTO! It took me less than 30 minutes to get used to the size and I won't go back to smaller.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
DITTO! It took me less than 30 minutes to get used to the size and I won't go back to smaller.

Thus limiting yourself to all but a small handful of large phones

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

razr maxximus

May 9, 2013
Visit site
You should really take a look at the G2. It's a stellar phone with stellar battery life. You get used to the unique button layout very fast.

Sent from my liberated iPad Air LTE 

I have and I'm very impressed. Considering it and the New Droid Maxx......that battery life.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Wonder why RAZR maxximus is the only one I've seen who didn't consider the G2 as not such a great phone? Love my Note 2 but sick of Samsung not fixing the sound issues. So I kinda thought maybe the G2 would be a good alternative until I saw some of the comments about it. Then I was leery.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Wonder why RAZR maxximus is the only one I've seen who didn't consider the G2 as not such a great phone? Love my Note 2 but sick of Samsung not fixing the sound issues. So I kinda thought maybe the G2 would be a good alternative until I saw some of the comments about it. Then I was leery.

I loved the G2 when I had it. It was also easily rootable with decent ROM support from devs. Has a wonderful display too and it has never ever heard of lag, at least not in my experience.

Sent from my liberated plutonium 5s 64

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I've said it and other forms as well. I never even considered a G2 until my daughter asked for one after Christmas. Her s3 was nearing end of life.

The buttons on the back (which I thought was a bad move) turned out to be quite a pleasant experience. The screen is top notch and the system bloat actually have some nice features. Of course I couldn't talk about the LG G2 without bringing up battery life. Best I've ever seen on a cell phone

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I own both the S4 and Note 3 and have never had battery issues on either one. I don't stream movies or play games at work instead of doing what I am paid for though so I probably don't use my phones hard enough LOL. All serious kidding aside, both phones have good battery life and of course you can simply carry a spare charged battery in the unlikely event you need more power.

Beantown Bashers

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I came from the razr maxx to note 3.

The size adjustment was all of 2hrs.

I was so excited about the note 3 I did not really notice the size differences until a week later.

I gave my wife the razr and she asked me to lookup something. I was having a hard time reading things online. My 8 yr old looks at me with a confused expression. I ask what's wrong? She says why are you struggling to read things on a phone that until a few days ago was yours!

I adjusted very quickly to reading things online, surfing the webb and reading books, magazines on my gn3.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I came from the razr maxx to note 3.

The size adjustment was all of 2hrs.

I was so excited about the note 3 I did not really notice the size differences until a week later.

I gave my wife the razr and she asked me to lookup something. I was having a hard time reading things online. My 8 yr old looks at me with a confused expression. I ask what's wrong? She says why are you struggling to read things on a phone that until a few days ago was yours!

I adjusted very quickly to reading things online, surfing the webb and reading books, magazines on my gn3.

...and to think, I just happily adjusted to a 4" screen.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you want to consider how you'll use the phone before you choose? I love the Note 3, but I use it for a lot of things other than phone calls. I read and write on documents, manage social networking sites, surf the Web, etc. I like running two apps at once, too. There are some work tasks that I prefer doing on my phone rather than my computer. For those purposes, I really prefer a large screen. I also use that stylus a lot...

Ladybell

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Just traded the RAZR MAXX myself for the Note 3. Deciding factors ... screen landscape, more memory, only 100 mah less on battery although I am getting a little more than a day with heavy use this first week. Screen color, camera specs and so much more. I was nervous to make the switch but glad I did. Love the note 3.

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Like others have said, I love my N3 and you'll be surprised how fast you get used to the screen. If somehow you can't get used to it the G2 is an awesome phone.....If you can get used to the button layout. I couldn't tolerate the button layout so I picked up the N3.

sent from tapatalk....probably while pooping.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Blackberry. Then HTC. Then Samsung Note2. Love it. Just upgraded to the awesome Note3. Its very lightweight. Thinner. Not an issue. Battery life has been very good