Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thinking of switching phones.....please help

I am a current owner of the Verizon Driod Razr Maxx. My contract is up and I'm ready to get a new phone. I am thinking about the Galaxy S4 or the Note 3. The Razr Maxx has incredible battery life which concerns me with the Galaxy S4. I know the Note 3 has an awesome battery but I am concerned about the gigantic screen size.
    Any thoughts out there??
    Thank you.

Default Re: Thinking of switching phones.....please help

It's funny how quickly you get used to the screen size. I had the galaxy S2 prior to getting my Note 3 and I am amazed at how fast I adjusted to the size. It feels "just right" to me now. My old faithful galaxy S2 looks like an iPhone 4 in comparison.

from my "Note 3" on Tapatalk

Dude .... go big or go home!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mobile Nations mobile app
    People say, it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean that counts.

But you can't get to China in a canoe.....

Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

I have never had any issues getting through a day with my S4 and I usually get two days with a little over 6 hours of screen time, but I guess it could be a letdown if you're coming from a Maxx.
    The Note 3 is a big phone, but you're not going to use it with one hand, so you should get used to it pretty quick

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

You should really take a look at the G2. It's a stellar phone with stellar battery life. You get used to the unique button layout very fast.

Sent from my liberated iPad Air LTE 
    Live long and prosper.

ffejjj and UJ95x like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Great help, thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by yarnsrj View Post
    It's funny how quickly you get used to the screen size. I had the galaxy S2 prior to getting my Note 3 and I am amazed at how fast I adjusted to the size. It feels "just right" to me now. My old faithful galaxy S2 looks like an iPhone 4 in comparison.

from my "Note 3" on Tapatalk
    DITTO! It took me less than 30 minutes to get used to the size and I won't go back to smaller.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
    ladyc0524 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyKids View Post
    DITTO! It took me less than 30 minutes to get used to the size and I won't go back to smaller.

Thus limiting yourself to all but a small handful of large phones

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador

That's fine with me.

Deb
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    You should really take a look at the G2. It's a stellar phone with stellar battery life. You get used to the unique button layout very fast.

Sent from my liberated iPad Air LTE 
    I have and I'm very impressed. Considering it and the New Droid Maxx......that battery life.

Wonder why RAZR maxximus is the only one I've seen who didn't consider the G2 as not such a great phone? Love my Note 2 but sick of Samsung not fixing the sound issues. So I kinda thought maybe the G2 would be a good alternative until I saw some of the comments about it. Then I was leery.

Deb

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyKids View Post
    Wonder why RAZR maxximus is the only one I've seen who didn't consider the G2 as not such a great phone? Love my Note 2 but sick of Samsung not fixing the sound issues. So I kinda thought maybe the G2 would be a good alternative until I saw some of the comments about it. Then I was leery.

I loved the G2 when I had it. It was also easily rootable with decent ROM support from devs. Has a wonderful display too and it has never ever heard of lag, at least not in my experience.

Sent from my liberated plutonium 5s 64
    Live long and prosper.

I've said it and other forms as well. I never even considered a G2 until my daughter asked for one after Christmas. Her s3 was nearing end of life.

The buttons on the back (which I thought was a bad move) turned out to be quite a pleasant experience. The screen is top notch and the system bloat actually have some nice features. Of course I couldn't talk about the LG G2 without bringing up battery life. Best I've ever seen on a cell phone

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
    beh

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts

I own both the S4 and Note 3 and have never had battery issues on either one. I don't stream movies or play games at work instead of doing what I am paid for though so I probably don't use my phones hard enough LOL. All serious kidding aside, both phones have good battery life and of course you can simply carry a spare charged battery in the unlikely event you need more power.
    Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V
    Galaxy Note 8 SGH-1467

I came from the razr maxx to note 3.

The size adjustment was all of 2hrs.

I was so excited about the note 3 I did not really notice the size differences until a week later.

I gave my wife the razr and she asked me to lookup something. I was having a hard time reading things online. My 8 yr old looks at me with a confused expression. I ask what's wrong? She says why are you struggling to read things on a phone that until a few days ago was yours!

I adjusted very quickly to reading things online, surfing the webb and reading books, magazines on my gn3.

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Beantown Bashers View Post
    I came from the razr maxx to note 3.

The size adjustment was all of 2hrs.

I was so excited about the note 3 I did not really notice the size differences until a week later.

I gave my wife the razr and she asked me to lookup something. I was having a hard time reading things online. My 8 yr old looks at me with a confused expression. I ask what's wrong? She says why are you struggling to read things on a phone that until a few days ago was yours!

I adjusted very quickly to reading things online, surfing the webb and reading books, magazines on my gn3.

...and to think, I just happily adjusted to a 4" screen.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    Live long and prosper.

Maybe you want to consider how you'll use the phone before you choose? I love the Note 3, but I use it for a lot of things other than phone calls. I read and write on documents, manage social networking sites, surf the Web, etc. I like running two apps at once, too. There are some work tasks that I prefer doing on my phone rather than my computer. For those purposes, I really prefer a large screen. I also use that stylus a lot...

Just traded the RAZR MAXX myself for the Note 3. Deciding factors ... screen landscape, more memory, only 100 mah less on battery although I am getting a little more than a day with heavy use this first week. Screen color, camera specs and so much more. I was nervous to make the switch but glad I did. Love the note 3.
    Jude526 likes this.

ROM
    AOKP/Francos K/4.1.1

Like others have said, I love my N3 and you'll be surprised how fast you get used to the screen. If somehow you can't get used to it the G2 is an awesome phone.....If you can get used to the button layout. I couldn't tolerate the button layout so I picked up the N3.

sent from tapatalk....probably while pooping.

Blackberry. Then HTC. Then Samsung Note2. Love it. Just upgraded to the awesome Note3. Its very lightweight. Thinner. Not an issue. Battery life has been very good

sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    ladyc0524 likes this.

I've been thinking about getting the Note3 as well. It might just be time to put my Blackberry Z10 out of its misery.
    Jude526 likes this.

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

If anything, wait for the S5.

I came from the GS2, the larger size of the Note 3 was an initial concern. No worries now. Everyone who doesn't have one says 'what a big phone'. Those of us who have one all say to everyone else, 'what a tiny phone you have'. It didn't take long for the size not to be an issue.

spencerdl - blow up that Blackberry. After the learning curve, you'll only be mad you didn't switch sooner.
    spencerdl likes this.

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I have to use a blackberry for work. I wish I didn't.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacs View Post
    If anything, wait for the S5.

I came from the GS2, the larger size of the Note 3 was an initial concern. No worries now. Everyone who doesn't have one says 'what a big phone'. Those of us who have one all say to everyone else, 'what a tiny phone you have'. It didn't take long for the size not to be an issue.

spencerdl - blow up that Blackberry. After the learning curve, you'll only be mad you didn't switch sooner.
    Thanks, but I had a SG3 for about 6 months, so the learning curve should come easy...SMILE

My employer upgraded my work phone from a Razr Maxx to a Droid Ultra. Still not even in the same league as my Note 3. I don't think I'll ever want to downsize phones. I've had this thing for 5 months and I still love it as much as when I first bought it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast