Best messaging app to use for Note 3

Amy Furlong

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
The stock messaging app I've noticed is not sending picture messages through when I just have Wifi on. Verizon told me I had to have Data on as well, but that Wifi would over ride that. Now, I've sent one picture message that way, but the recipient said they didn't get it. I want to be able to send picture messages with just the wifi. I did it a couple times using Chomp messaging, but they seem to have some delays.

What messaging app do you prefer that can send picture messages without having to access the data network?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The stock messaging app I've noticed is not sending picture messages through when I just have Wifi on. Verizon told me I had to have Data on as well, but that Wifi would over ride that. Now, I've sent one picture message that way, but the recipient said they didn't get it. I want to be able to send picture messages with just the wifi. I did it a couple times using Chomp messaging, but they seem to have some delays.

What messaging app do you prefer that can send picture messages without having to access the data network?
Welcome to Android Central :)
When you use WiFi do you completely disable data?
I never had issues with the stock messaging app, but you can also try either Textra or Handcent

Amy Furlong

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I checked with Verizon by phone and also online chat. They said that I need my data to be selected on in order to send picture messages. However, they said if Wifi is also on, it will always override the Network data so data is not pulled from my available network it's done through wifi.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
In another forum here this problem was solved by installing a new SIM card. They are free from your provider at any of their stores. You may wish to try this option as it is no cost.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know Verizon will not let you send pictures over Wifi. Try sending over mobile network and see if goes through.

Verizon has the best network, but in many other they do they really SUCCKK!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I just use Hangouts, it's free, it syncs with your Google account so if you switch phones or reset your phone once you reload the app your messages still appear. Also, you can send a picture regardless of you being on wifi or not with hangouts. I would also expect that you could on the stock messaging app but haven't tried it or used it in quite some time.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I just use Hangouts, it's free, it syncs with your Google account so if you switch phones or reset your phone once you reload the app your messages still appear. Also, you can send a picture regardless of you being on wifi or not with hangouts. I would also expect that you could on the stock messaging app but haven't tried it or used it in quite some time.

Okay, I just tried it using the stock messaging app while on my home wifi. First thing I noticed that even while being on wifi once I selected the picture and hit send, it turned on my 4GLTE along with wifi. Maybe your data while roaming is set to off.

JF7FSU

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I use textra a free app that is way better than the original samsung messaging app. Is very similar to the way in iphone texts and has much easier management of MMS, and group messaging.

Posted via Android Central App

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Am I missing something? Textra seems very similar to the stock messaging app....other than the emoji.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
8sms is one of the best messaging apps and it replace the stock messaging app

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.thinkleft.eightyeightsms.mms&token=hFfeTGTB

8sms (Stock Messaging, KitKat)

The latest and best from Android and CyanogenMod.
No bloat. No fuss.
Just a better stock app.
8sms is a port of the Android stock messaging (sms and mms) app with a few extra useful features then added on. The current version is ported from Android 4.4.2 and a very early version of CyanogenMod 10.2.

Notable features
? Quick reply pop-ups
? Gesture based templates
? Emoji support
? Optional dark theme
? Clean and no bloat
Install this app if you want to use features from the latest Android messaging app without having to wait for a full phone software update.

You do not need to be rooted!!!!

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Loving Chomp. Used to love Handcent but it stopped working. Chomp has almost everything Handcent had and it works and it has a lot smaller footprint.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
IMO, Hangouts is the best messaging app. I also use Viber but I prefer Hangouts.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

hcane466

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I've never had any problems sending pictures via messaging. .whether wifi is on or off and my data is always on. You might have some switch set wrong or an app is interfering with your stock messaging app..or you might have something wrong with your phone. If you have a factory store near you..I would go there and let the figure it out
Good luck

H3Dude

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
MMS on Verizon goes over the cellular data. It does not count as data it counts against your text messages. If you have unlimited texts, no problem. Most other non stock messaging will count against data usage so beware if you have limited data. I think think this done so you can alway send texts even if you shut your data off.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

Hi!
You said you use Hangouts for texting. I automatically disabled that, because I was afraid it'd be an issue like iMessaging has, to where you can only message other people on Hangouts. Is that the case? If you use Hangouts, can you text anyone, no matter who they are and can they text you back?

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Yep, Hangouts SMS is just a straight forward SMS app. The "hangout" part of this app, (video calling, like facetime), only works with other google devices or via web on laptop, etc.. So text away!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad