1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pasting into Action Menu

The combo Action Menu and Pen plus large screen are the keys to why I purchased this phone. That said, I am have trouble figuring out how to use copy/paste tools re: the Action Menu. Example: I highlight then copy a paragraph from an article open in my browser on the phone. I open up a new page from the Action Menu. I can't seem to figure out how to paste that snippet into the new page... The paste symbol 'ought' to be displayed up on the tool bar or be displayed when the pen hovers over the page (I would think...) but it isn't. Anyone have a clue how to do this?

Default Re: Pasting into Action Menu

Hi... yeah tried to execute what you wanted and it won't do it in action memo.
    Though you can with S memo or now called S Note. There's a widget and it's very robust. it does what you want and then some! Good Luck
    Peace
    Breathe... you'll feel better!
    GalaxyNote3/S4;RazrHD/Maxx;Droid3/2;Z6c/tv;E815;V710;V60s/i;EricssonT39m;StarTac7868/7860;MicroTacElite;UltraClassic II
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Hghlndr View Post
    Hi... yeah tried to execute what you wanted and it won't do it in action memo.
    Though you can with S memo or now called S Note. There's a widget and it's very robust. it does what you want and then some! Good Luck
    Peace
    What widget might you be referencing? I think that this is a huge oversight on the developers not to have copy/paste functionality located in one of the main applications associated with Note 3.

Yep agreed!
    Pull up app/widget drawer and select widgets... scroll to S note and drag it to an empty page. It will create one for you too if needed.
    Good luck.

Posted via Android Central App
    GalaxyNote3/S4;RazrHD/Maxx;Droid3/2;Z6c/tv;E815;V710;V60s/i;EricssonT39m;StarTac7868/7860;MicroTacElite;UltraClassic II
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yep agreed!
    Pull up app/widget drawer and select widgets... scroll to S note and drag it to an empty page. It will create one for you too if needed.
    Good luck.
    Accomplished.

I am hoping that Samsung is not quite as tone deaf when it comes to customer feedback as, say Verizon is. Does Samsung have a 'forum' where these sort of issues can be brought to their attention. Not that this issue shouldn't already be blatantly obvious. While I am on the bandstand, there are several other problems with the Action Memo. Example: You find a good source for instrument grade tiger maple and you want to share this with a friend. Since copy/paste doesn't work, I manually type in the link into the new memo. Then tap on "Link to Action" (third option on left). Options pop up at the bottom of the note. Whether one chooses "Messaging" or "Email" the same thing happens: Whatever was typed into the Action Menu ends up in the 'To' header! It appears that the sending options are broken too. What a sorry state of affairs.

Agreed! Don't know of any forums for Samsung...
    Just getting to know action memo myself!
    Have you heard of PushBullet?
    Check it out as it's an amazing sharing tool between devices and friends. Straight forward and simple.
    Good luck.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Agreed! Don't know of any forums for Samsung...
    Just getting to know action memo myself!
    Have you heard of PushBullet?
    Check it out as it's an amazing sharing tool between devices and friends. Straight forward and simple.
    Good luck.
    Thanks. I read the reviews on Push Bullet. In the meantime, I am fiddling around with S-note since Action Memo - what presumably was intended to be the flagship application re: the large screen and pen is broken. S Note which is rarely discussed nor has it been promoted per se by Samsung (as far as I am aware...) has all of the functionality that one would expect to be present in Action Menu. I like for example that I can scribble out a note or a message>tap "Selection mode">corral the note with either the lasso tool or rectangular tool>go to the "Transform into" tool>select "Text" an
    my handwriting is transformed into text! How cool is that. Then there is the sharing or saving options...but you already know about all of this I am sure.