Chrome black screen fix
Here's a fix for those of you dealing with the annoying chrome "black screen". This issue crops up for some when chrome doesn't properly refresh open tabs or when chrome sits in the background for some period of time. For me, I'd get a black screen in as little as two or three minutes of inactivity. The problem started when chrome updated itself a few months ago.
Anyway, here's the fix:
Go to chrome:// flags and scroll to Delegated Renderer (AKA ▄bercompositor) then switch it from default to enabled
I don't take credit for the fix. I found it only after becoming very annoyed by it and was determined to find a fix.
- 02-14-2014, 09:30 AM #2
Re: Chrome black screen fix
I've also noticed if you just scroll really fast it is a temporary fix. Not fast actually... just scroll any amount and the screen comes right back.
Agreed that it is annoying and I am going to do this fix, but the other is a temporary thing I have been doing.
- 02-14-2014, 09:31 AM #3
- 02-14-2014, 10:14 PM #4
- 02-16-2014, 01:22 AM #6
- 02-16-2014, 01:29 AM #7
- 02-17-2014, 10:25 AM #9
- 03-26-2014, 06:47 AM #10
- 04-04-2014, 12:08 PM #11
- 04-20-2014, 12:38 AM #12
- 08-15-2014, 09:51 PM #13
- 08-18-2014, 05:30 AM #14
- 08-18-2014, 05:33 AM #15
- 10-15-2015, 12:48 AM #16
- 07-07-2016, 10:26 AM #17
- 10-03-2016, 01:21 AM #18
- By AndroidCentralSean in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 10Last Post: 06-05-2014, 06:31 PM
- By Deep749 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 MiniReplies: 1Last Post: 02-21-2014, 02:06 PM
- By brojas47 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google EditionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-19-2014, 07:16 PM
- By J F4 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 14Last Post: 02-15-2014, 05:46 PM
- By Chawngrolien in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 3Last Post: 02-14-2014, 01:58 AM