Will the note 3 upgrade to samsung's reported new touchwiz?

tanker8764

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone heard if we will get the new updated touchwiz after it is released on the gs5 ??

Posted via Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Normally a UI update would come packed with a new OS update. So it really all depends the timing of everything. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it probably wouldn't be included with the Android 4.4.x update.

If Samsung is waiting to show us something regarding a new version of TW on the S5 then its doubtful it will be included on Android 4.4.x update right now. Samsung devices that are scheduled to be updated to 4.4.x later after the unveiling of the S5, now that is a possibility.{

Point being is TW or Sense, etc. OEM based UI's are so deeply integrated into the Android OS that its normally handled via OS updates and not just a stand alone update.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Dont keep your hopes up. I saw the new S5 touchwiz at best buy, I must say it is night and day better than the current touchwiz. If we go by past samsung history I highly doubt we get it. Samsung might update us to latest OS, but their corporate greed gets the best of them when it comes to updating their user interface. I bet they keep it exclusive to S5 and upcoming note 4. Even HTC is promising to update the old M7 to sense 6, even though they never did it before but samsung simply doesn't need to unless they were hurting like HTC. If I had to bet my 2 cents I would say no, we the note 3 owners won't see the new Ui. However I do hope we do.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure the new TouchWiz is in the update to the Note 3 from what I have read from the Note 3s that have already gotten the update from other carriers.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Samsung won't give us a UI update just the OS update layered with the old UI. Sad really but that is what it is. I suspect the Note 4 will be nice with the UI enhancements, processor, camera, screen, etc. It will be a worthy purchase I just hope its not huge. Keep the Note 3 size and bump the screen a bit.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Probably next update. GS2 got Nature UX and I wouldn't be surprised if the next FW update post 4.4 brings in the new TW. Would have preferred it on 4.4 though lol but not a big deal.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

ewara-san

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone heard if we will get the new updated touchwiz after it is released on the gs5 ??

Posted via Android Central App

I don't like new touchwiz. SGS2, SG note and SGSA. These devices were running fine on their tw4, until 4.1.2 update along with tw nature ux. These phones became too slow on new touchwiz. I installed custom 4.1.2 with stock vanilla and is surprisingly fast. I'm very disappointed that time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie