Verizon Note 3: Random Reboots

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 started rebooting randomly and quietly on Friday February 14 (or at least that was the first time I had noticed it) and I was wondering if it's just me or...

I'm on Verizon and have no customizations other than the main applications that I've had all along and in my Galaxy S 3 before hand.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Random Reboots

I do have third party applications installed from the play store.
My mistake. I'm so used to them that they have become my main applications!

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

my guess is that you have a rogue or conflicting application installed. also it could be a bloatware app that migrated over from your S3 that is not compatible with your Note 3. i would delete all apps and reinstall only the ones you need one by one to find the culprit.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-news-discussion/333033-case-deleting-all-your-apps.html

good luck.

Thanks man. I'll look into that.
Have a great day!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I have the same problem on both of my my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 's. I had the same apps installed on my s3 and Note II and never had the reboot problem. It is not too bad though, my HTC Thunderbolt would sometimes restart on its own several times a day.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

I have the same problem on both of my my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 's. I had the same apps installed on my s3 and Note II and never had the reboot problem. It is not too bad though, my HTC Thunderbolt would sometimes restart on its own several times a day.

I remember the HTC Thunderbolt would reboot all the time! Like every time I would go to do something! It killed my battery. I'm hoping that the Note 3 is better. I've had it for two months now and it just started last week. I was in the middle of a phone call when it happened on Saturday.

Part of me thinks it's a carrier thing, but have no way of backing that up with evidence.

What's really interesting, it's a silent reboot. No sound or anything. Whereas an intentional reboot it has sounds during the boot process.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Yeah for me on my note 3 it is pretty infrequent. I set my boot to silent boot so I couldn't notice a difference.

bigwill0815

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

Mine does the same thing.... I'll be on the phone and then the call drops and the lock screen comes up like it's been not touched for 15 mins. I'm getting fed up with it. Either it's a signal issue which I never dropped a call on my iPhone in that spot, or it's something with the phone and this needs to be fixed

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

Mine does the same thing.... I'll be on the phone and then the call drops and the lock screen comes up like it's been not touched for 15 mins. I'm getting fed up with it. Either it's a signal issue which I never dropped a call on my iPhone in that spot, or it's something with the phone and this needs to be fixed

Quick question does the note 3 have 4G lte??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Quick question does the note 3 have 4G lte??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 supports 4GLTE on both bands 4 and 13

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34