New or refurbished replacements time frame?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Girlfriend got her Note 3 for Christmas. She was having a lot of problems with dropped calls and was back and forth with tech support all this time. They sent her a refurbished phone as a replacement and she wouldn't accept it which I don't blame her. The phone was faulty or something was wrong since the beginning and she worked with them to try to get it straightened out. I know they send out refurbs for replacements but at what point do draw the line between demanding a new phone as a replacement and accepting a refurb? I would fight it too if they try to send me a refurb after just a few weeks. Just curious what your thoughts are on this.

Deb from my Note 3

phillyphill

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I used to work in the warranty for at&t and the common practice between the companies is usually after the 3rd/4th device sometimes they offer a new device (after their return period 14/30 days). But it's case by case, like if they are a good customer who make their monthly payments on time type of thing. Also you gotta remember that Verizon doesn't warranty the devices samsung does. But to get a device directly through samsung takes a little bit longer. Also what I used to tell customers that would ask about the refurb thing, all reburbs were once new devices. Getting a new device doesn't mean it will work any better. Did she ever try and get a new sim card for the device? When did she buy the phone and when did it actually get replaced?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Far as I know a new Sim card wasn't something they tried. I will mention that to her. She got it for Christmas and they finally sent her a refurb about two weeks ago after the tech that set up the replace promised her new. They are still working through that part because she's fighting them on it, she is not so far using the replacement phone.

Deb from my Note 3

phillyphill

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'd tell her to try a new sim card. The corporate stores exchange them out for free, if it works then great if not. I would tell her to just try it in the replacement phone in the area where she gets the dropped calls and see what happens. I believe she has 14-30 days to send either phone back.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Far as I know a new Sim card wasn't something they tried. I will mention that to her. She got it for Christmas and they finally sent her a refurb about two weeks ago after the tech that set up the replace promised her new. They are still working through that part because she's fighting them on it, she is not so far using the replacement phone.

Deb from my Note 3

A rep really promised her a new device? Everytime I had a problem they offered me a certified like new replacement (CLNR). Only when you are within the return period would they offer you new. For future, buy from Costco if new replacements are important to you. They would give you new replacements within 90 days. Verizon offers 14 days. Please note that No matter where you buy, your contract is locked after 14 days.

Also don't keep the phone too long, they will charge her full retail for it. If she isn't happy with the replacement, she can send it back as well .

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Well since she's been working with tech support all this time there shouldn't really be an issue with returns I wouldn't think. Its not like she just called them 6 or 8 weeks after she bought it. She is contracted and get your phones through some relative of her husband who works for VZW.

Deb from my Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1