Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Note 3: Entire music library just showed up in ringtones list

I was moving some new alerts from SD card to phone storage. Now all alerts and notification lists are fine with my new ones and the standard ones that came with the phone. However, when I go to set a ringtone for the ringer, all my music library is listed as options. I don't know how that happened and can't figure out how to get it out of that list. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-04-2014 at 10:45 PM.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Entire music library just showed up in ringtones list.

Plug your USB cable from you phone to your PC and open the Phone drive. Go to your Notifications folder and see if they show up there. From there you can just drag and drop them to the DCIM folder. You might try restarting your phone, could just be a read glitch
    Thanked by:

Ring tone

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Umphress View Post
    Plug your USB cable from you phone to your PC and open the Phone drive. Go to your Notifications folder and see if they show up there. From there you can just drag and drop them to the DCIM folder. You might try restarting your phone, could just be a read glitch

I have my rings in notification folder.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffagreen View Post
    I was moving some new alerts from SD card to phone storage. Now all alerts and notification lists are fine with my new ones and the standard ones that came with the phone. However, when I go to set a ringtone for the ringer, all my music library is listed as options. I don't know how that happened and can't figure out how to get it out of that list. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by cliffagreen View Post
    I was moving some new alerts from SD card to phone storage. Now all alerts and notification lists are fine with my new ones and the standard ones that came with the phone. However, when I go to set a rington
    e for the ringer, all my music lib
    rary is listed as options. I don't know how that happened and can't figure out how to get it out of that list. Any suggestions?
    Been there .

I thought the DCIM folder was the or for the camera? That's all that's in my DCIM folder.

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

DCIM stands for digital camera images. Any photo image can be placed there. Your camera automatically puts them there by default. You can reroute them elsewhere to if you want.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I had done all of that and played with moving things around from folder to folder. I finally had to do a factory reset because of not being able to get text notification, even though Apple had removed my number from their iMessage crap. Since doing so, I haven't had an issue with receiving texts or music showing up in ringtone list. All seems to be fine know.