I have one handed operation enabled on all screens and it is a function I really like. I only shrink the screen a little but it's enough to thumb type one handed. My problem is I can't do the gesture to activate it one handed with my thumb. I can easily do it with index finger if I hold the phone with the other hand but that defeats the purpose [it takes 2 hands-duh].

Can I create a shortcut or something or create an easier gesture that will enable the screen and that I can do one handed.

Please - no "I can do is easily" answers. The point is I can't so that isn't helpful.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
    02-24-2014 12:06 PM
    I honestly think you just need more practice doing it! Or do you have very small hands?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    02-24-2014 03:32 PM
    Small hands and it may be tougher in nova. It works 1 time in 5

02-24-2014 03:33 PM
    Switch back to TouchWiz and try it. If you are able to do it on a consistent basis, then you have your answer!!

02-24-2014 11:18 PM
    not a solution.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    02-25-2014 05:54 AM
    The solution would be that you can't use Nova launcher when wanting to use the one handed screen, if you would just try it.
    02-25-2014 11:31 AM
    It does work on Nova. I just can't get it to work one handed. I have also tried the stock screen. Same thing.

02-25-2014 11:36 AM
    Works on Nova ok for me too. Does take practice though. My guess is for me, I'm not swiping straight enough with my thumb, but more in a curved motion that is not getting recognized.

Not sure, but can you make this a Nova gesture?

Also, this gets much deeper, but maybe a Tasker solution? I certainly don't have the knowledge, but someone may be willing to attempt.

Good luck.
    02-26-2014 11:11 AM
    Works on Nova ok for me too. Does take practice though. My guess is for me, I'm not swiping straight enough with my thumb, but more in a curved motion that is not getting recognized.

Not sure, but can you make this a Nova gesture?

Also, this gets much deeper, but maybe a Tasker solution? I certainly don't have the knowledge, but someone may be willing to attempt.

Good luck.
    I was hoping for a nova solution but can't figure out how to implement it. Tasker is beyond my skill set....or at least the time I'm willing to devote. It's ironic that a mode designed to make it easier to work one handed is so hard to turn on one handed. I'd prefer a widget to a gesture.

02-26-2014 12:25 PM
    I downloaded Nova just to try the one handed shortcut out and guess what? It works perfectly. You need to do a very quick flick from the outside edge of the phone to the screen and right back out and it will work EVERY time.

02-26-2014 10:35 PM
    Try to swipe in more of a triangle or less than sign motion. Or greater than sign depending on side. It always seems to work better for me the more obtuse I make my triangle. I don't think that's how you spell obtuse but my phone does.
    Start at the bottom by the way.
    ATT N3
    02-27-2014 02:43 PM
    i can't do it one handed with my thumb. I can do it every time two handed with my index finger. Either my hand is smaller than yours or I have less dexterity in my thumb. I suspect the latter because I can barely make the gesture at all with my thumb. That is why I am looking for a different way to activate. I appreciate your help and interest but as I said, it is no help telling me you can do it because I cannot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    02-28-2014 09:06 AM
    I'm like you. I can get it to work with my index finger but am getting nothing with my thumb.
    10-08-2014 06:29 PM