1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default One handed screen

I have one handed operation enabled on all screens and it is a function I really like. I only shrink the screen a little but it's enough to thumb type one handed. My problem is I can't do the gesture to activate it one handed with my thumb. I can easily do it with index finger if I hold the phone with the other hand but that defeats the purpose [it takes 2 hands-duh].

Can I create a shortcut or something or create an easier gesture that will enable the screen and that I can do one handed.

Please - no "I can do is easily" answers. The point is I can't so that isn't helpful.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: One handed screen

I honestly think you just need more practice doing it! Or do you have very small hands?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Small hands and it may be tougher in nova. It works 1 time in 5

Switch back to TouchWiz and try it. If you are able to do it on a consistent basis, then you have your answer!!

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

not a solution.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

The solution would be that you can't use Nova launcher when wanting to use the one handed screen, if you would just try it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

It does work on Nova. I just can't get it to work one handed. I have also tried the stock screen. Same thing.

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

Works on Nova ok for me too. Does take practice though. My guess is for me, I'm not swiping straight enough with my thumb, but more in a curved motion that is not getting recognized.

Not sure, but can you make this a Nova gesture?

Also, this gets much deeper, but maybe a Tasker solution? I certainly don't have the knowledge, but someone may be willing to attempt.

Good luck.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacs View Post
    Works on Nova ok for me too. Does take practice though. My guess is for me, I'm not swiping straight enough with my thumb, but more in a curved motion that is not getting recognized.

Not sure, but can you make this a Nova gesture?

Also, this gets much deeper, but maybe a Tasker solution? I certainly don't have the knowledge, but someone may be willing to attempt.

Good luck.
    I was hoping for a nova solution but can't figure out how to implement it. Tasker is beyond my skill set....or at least the time I'm willing to devote. It's ironic that a mode designed to make it easier to work one handed is so hard to turn on one handed. I'd prefer a widget to a gesture.

I downloaded Nova just to try the one handed shortcut out and guess what? It works perfectly. You need to do a very quick flick from the outside edge of the phone to the screen and right back out and it will work EVERY time.

Try to swipe in more of a triangle or less than sign motion. Or greater than sign depending on side. It always seems to work better for me the more obtuse I make my triangle. I don't think that's how you spell obtuse but my phone does.
    Start at the bottom by the way.
    ATT N3
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

i can't do it one handed with my thumb. I can do it every time two handed with my index finger. Either my hand is smaller than yours or I have less dexterity in my thumb. I suspect the latter because I can barely make the gesture at all with my thumb. That is why I am looking for a different way to activate. I appreciate your help and interest but as I said, it is no help telling me you can do it because I cannot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2