Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I am receiving an "Unfortunately, Email has stopped" error message on my phone. The message seems to only appear when I try to open the (stock) email app from the notification bar. If I open it directly from the app tray there is no issue. The message sporadically appears even when I do not try to access my mail, but it is much less frequent (2-3 times over the course of a day). I have had the phone since October 2013, but I have only experienced this issue over the last 2 days. I have tried re-booting, and pulling the battery for 10 minutes and re-starting, but neither have worked. I am running version 4.3 on Verizon. I have not yet received the KitKat update. My phone is not rooted. Any help out there?

P.S. It seems that the error comes even if I open directly from the app tray as well. I'll choose the mail app once, then the message pops up. When I choose it again, the app opens.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Stock Email App Error

Can you try open the App Drawer > Long Press and don't let go > Drag to top of home screen App Info > Clear Cache.

See if this helps.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Stock Email App Error

I tried that, but unfortunately no luck. I appreciate the suggestion though!

Posted via Android Central App