Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AutoSync keeps turning off

It's getting very frustrating - I have app data (calendar, pop3 mail, etc) that get's sync'd with my desktop and email servers. But, every few days, AutoSync gets turned off. I downloaded the app "AutoSync OnOff", thinking it could help to re-enable autosync. But, even that won't work - it turns it on momentarily, but then it shuts off within a second or two. It seems I have to go into Settings | Accounts/Google and click on my Google Account and then click "Sync now". That syncs all my accounts. It's not until I do this that I can then turn autoSync back on.

Anyone know why auto sync turns off by itself in the first place, and if there's a way to keep it on?

thanks,
    bert

Default Re: AutoSync keeps turning off

Do you have any battery saving apps? Is power saving mode turned on?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Default Re: AutoSync keeps turning off

I had the same problem and figured out that it was Battery Doctor. There was a switch deep in the settings that I had overlooked. Since I have had no problems with battery life, I deleted Battery Doctor and the problem was resolved.