Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheMacs
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

Default Note 3 or tablet

I am sure this has been covered a few times but I am going to ask again.

I have been looking at getting the note 10.1 to use here at work for taking notes when in meetings but Verizon is now offering to do all my phones on the edge upgrade and the note 3 has been something I have always wanted.

Should I just keep with the 10.1 for use at work or would the note 3 be good enough to use for taking all notes at work?

Default Re: Note 3 or tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Slayers View Post
    I am sure this has been covered a few times but I am going to ask again.

I have been looking at getting the note 10.1 to use here at work for taking notes when in meetings but Verizon is now offering to do all my phones on the edge upgrade and the note 3 has been something I have always wanted.

Should I just keep with the 10.1 for use at work or would the note 3 be good enough to use for taking all notes at work?
    I've used the note 2 for work - taking notes, updating excel sheets etc but nothing beats a tablet for that stuff IMO. The note 3 is still a phone despite it bring large

Global Posts
    609 Global Posts

What Kevin said, except I use the Note 3.

I'd get both if I were you.
    sforsyth01 likes this.

I got rid of my 8" Galaxy Tab 3 when I got my Note 3. I can do more on my Note 3 plus it's a phone! Love it!

Via my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I have the phone and the 8.0 tablet. I also have a laptop. Use them all. Its good to have all.

Posted via Android Central App
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I too have both the note 10.1 2014 edition and the Note 3. I use my Note 3 most of the time, but as nice as the Note 3 is, for some things, you can't beat a tablet. I have one of my clients that require me to get a document signed when I go to a job for them. I got tired of printing it out, take it to the job, filling it out an d getting it signed, bringing it back home, scanned to PDF and then emailing back. I tried using the Note 3 to skip the paper part, but if I get a client rep that is paranoid, it's a little more work to show them the entire document on the phone. But on the Note, they can look at the entire document.

I agree with what Brucedbr said, despite the note being large, you can't beat a tablet for professionalism

it really does depend on what your focus is.....i find if i'm just taking short notes the note 3 is fine....if its going to be detailed and extensive i use my note 8....got my kids each a note 10.1 2014 for christmas...my daughter is an artist and is doing great digital work with it, and my son is in college and loves the features of handwriting taking notes and being able to convert the text, formulas, etc. so really you have to identify what you will use most and then purchase the item that will best fit those needs.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

My main use would be in meetings.

I am a trainer at my company so I often have a lot of meetings with the leaders that I do the training for and other meetings with my leaders on new ideas.

I just hate the idea of having to pick up note pad after note pad and then throw them away a few weeks later without having all the notes I took anywhere (since I don't record them anywhere other then the pad)