My N3 seems to be slowing down, can anyone help diagnose?

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I bought this N3 four months or so ago and just within the last month I have noticed a slow gown with this device.

Just today when I went to open Contacts to call someone it took at a minimum 8 seconds for the contact to open up.

I try and Defrag this unit once a week, have approx 70 apps installed and 1500 contacts. I also try and close out and apps running once day and have just purchased and installed the ZeroLemon 10000mah battery and run 4G with one to two bars here in my house.

I have noticed when I try and open emails that it takes upwards of ten seconds to open the email if I don't have to close it out then try and reopen.

Anyone have any advice for me?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I read on a different thread about getting into recovery mode then wiping Cache.

I just did this. Anything else I can do to help?

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I use Clean Master. One of my favorite things about it is that it displays which apps are hogging the RAM. I've disabled some and uninstalled others. I've had this phone for 5 months and it's always lightning fast.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
That is really not normal at all. After a reboot is it still slow?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It sure is.

I looked at the app manager in battery and it says that 43% of battery is being used by the screen.

This ZeroLemon 10000mah battery is on its second full day with a full 100% charge only lasted me from 7:30am thru 9:00pm tonight.

I took probably 30 phone calls today which lasted combined two hours, wrote a dozen or so emails, sent a few hundred texts, looked at apps for a total of a hour, mobile Web a hour.

I can't seem to figure out why this insane battery is draining so fast.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Download wakelock detetecor and/or gsam battery and see what it causing the drain. I would bet a rogue app is causing the lag.

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I use Clean Master. One of my favorite things about it is that it displays which apps are hogging the RAM. I've disabled some and uninstalled others. I've had this phone for 5 months and it's always lightning fast.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

I'll take a look at it. Thanks for the tip!

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Download wakelock detetecor and/or gsam battery and see what it causing the drain. I would bet a rogue app is causing the lag.

Just downloaded! Appreciate the tip with this.

Could the screen being on high all day be the root cause of the battery drain?

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Your screen will almost always be the highest percentage of your battery drain. What is your screen on time???

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Your screen will almost always be the highest percentage of your battery drain. What is your screen on time???

It times out after two minutes. Is there a way to find out what the total run time is per day?

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes go to settings>general>
battery and click on each entry. It will give you a breakdown of time for each one.

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
The stock battery lasted me a half a day under pretty intense usage. When I upgraded to this Zerolemon battery I expected at least two days of usage but I don't even get one full day.

Am I just a seriously heavy user of battery hogging apps and that is the way of life?

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
One thing is for sure the display is on auto and during the day it is set to the brightest resolution possible. I presume this could be the top issue?

Do I just need to deal with the brightness much lower throughout the day if I want serious battery?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol