Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By z06mike
  • 1 Post By jedi105
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default why does my mint Note 3 have such low trade-in value at Verizon website and other trade-in websites?

why does my mint Note 3 have such low trade-in value at Verizon website and other trade-in websites?

I even asked a Verizon store employee how much trade-in I can get for a brand-new 1-day old Note 3
    and it was the same as on the website.

Is there very little demand for the Note 3 as pre-owned devices?

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: why does my mint Note 3 have such low trade-in value at Verizon website and other trade-in websi

Quote Originally Posted by yourphonemyphone View Post
    why does my mint Note 3 have such low trade-in value at Verizon website and other trade-in websites?

I even asked a Verizon store employee how much trade-in I can get for a brand-new 1-day old Note 3
    and it was the same as on the website.

Is there very little demand for the Note 3 as pre-owned devices?
    The only phones that really have good resale value is the iPhones. You can probably get more for the Note 3 if you sell it on eBay or Swappa than if you were to trade it in

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Default Re: why does my mint Note 3 have such low trade-in value at Verizon website and other trade-in websi

Most definitely.

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    The only phones that really have good resale value is the iPhones. You can probably get more for the Note 3 if you sell it on eBay or Swappa than if you were to trade it in

Yeah, if you want a phone with high trade in value, get an iPhone. Android's won't have high trade in value. Even when first released, I think the trade in value was $200

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Yeah, if you want a phone with high trade in value, get an iPhone. Android's won't have high trade in value. Even when first released, I think the trade in value was $200

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    No, I'm pretty sure it's a little higher than that. Probably closer to $300 around release date. Which is still ridiculous

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

You do realize you're trading it in right??? Why does your car have a lower trade in value than if you sold it private party? Same concept applies here. They still have to resell it so they are not going to give you a retail value.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    sforsyth01 likes this.

I just sold my N2 on Swappa a few weeks ago for $340 and got the N3...best device out there IMO.

Posted via Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

As the others have said, you don't get much for ANY trade in. The best thing to do is sell on Ebay. I have sold several phones (not my N3) on Ebay and have always gotten top dollar.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts

You never get as much for a trade. I bought 3 iPhones from my buddy who was upgrading his whole family. Verizon was giving him some ridiculously low amount. I matched it plus $20 and then resold the phones. I made some nice money. All because he didn't want to bother with selling them himself. If you don't want the hassle of selling then trade but know that you are not getting the true value of the phone.

Sent using Tapatalk

Because discerning Android phone owners refuse to pay full price for a "used" phone regardless of what condition it is in. Now, as far as an iPhone is concerned, we all know that the iSheep will pay anything for the "privilege" to use last years technology.
    brucedbr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jedi105 View Post
    Because discerning Android phone owners refuse to pay full price for a "used" phone regardless of what condition it is in. Now, as far as an iPhone is concerned, we all know that the iSheep will pay anything for the "privilege" to use last years technology.
    LOL!

Deb from my Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

I'll trade you a mint 32GB Verizon S4 in black for it?

Retailers like Verizon can buy it new in the box for "X" amount of $ so they are obviously going to give you much less.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by z06mike View Post
    You do realize you're trading it in right??? Why does your car have a lower trade in value than if you sold it private party? Same concept applies here. They still have to resell it so they are not going to give you a retail value.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Yes but the trade in value is not in comparisons. You can buy an iPhone cheaper than a Note 3 but yet the the trade in on the iPhone is more. There's a big difference between having to make a resell profit and just plain ripping people off. Of course they are not going to give you retail for it but offering $60 is laughable! That'd be like your car valued at 30,000 trade in and the dealer offering you 6,000!!

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

It's really about the marketplace value. iPhones fetch greater perceived value than Android phones. Keep inn mind that the overwhelming majority of the marketplace does not frequent sites like this and probably doesn't get into fanboy wars. So I am not going to be ridiculous and call anyone an "iSheep" or anything of the sort. The collective Android OEMs may dominate the OS market share game, but the value proposition still belongs to Apple.