Note 3 Email App - Spam Filtering

jwlehman1

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I realize the email app on my Note 3 is not unique to my phone, but I wanted to ask those who had the same base email app installed. I've got my email app setup to retrieve email from my ISPs mail servers. I've recently started receiving a lot of spam in my mail app. It's still being caught by my ISPs servers because when I check via web mail interface it's in the spam folder.

When I check the settings on the mail app, there is a setting for entering spam email addresses , but that is so cumbersome. I can't believe there's not and easier way. I've taken to hitting reply to the spam email, copying the from address and then pasting that into the spam email settings in the app.

Appreciate any help...

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I realize the email app on my Note 3 is not unique to my phone, but I wanted to ask those who had the same base email app installed. I've got my email app setup to retrieve email from my ISPs mail servers. I've recently started receiving a lot of spam in my mail app. It's still being caught by my ISPs servers because when I check via web mail interface it's in the spam folder.

When I check the settings on the mail app, there is a setting for entering spam email addresses , but that is so cumbersome. I can't believe there's not and easier way. I've taken to hitting reply to the spam email, copying the from address and then pasting that into the spam email settings in the app.

Appreciate any help...

I had a similar problem - my note 3 kept giving me notifications that I was receiving mail - but when I clicked on it, it was spam mail and it was taking me directly to my spam mail folder. I couldn't find any way to stop this from happening. Apparently if you click on just ONE piece of spam mail, or just open your spam folder, it then will notify you every time you get spam mail.

My only "solution" to this was to delete my email account from my phone and re - add it. Since then I haven't had the problem resurface. Perhaps you could try that, I'm sure others will have better and more specific advice for your problem, but I thought I would share my experience just incase it may help.

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12