Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S pen not working at all

So it's been a couple of weeks since I've used my S Pen on my Verizon Note 3. I pulled it out tonight to the normal "zip" noise and attempted to use it. Notta. Nothing. Nope.

The screen does not respond to the pen, nor does it respond to the button.

I've tried restarting the phone but now I do not even get the sound denoting the removal or insetting of the SPen... UUUUGGGHHHHHHHHH

Oddly enough the lock screen recognizes the movement (I use the paint splotchy screen with lots of red/yellow/blue/green) of the pen, but it will not respond to any presses or anything. It simply makes drags / waves through the background but nothing else.

The only odd thing I've done since the last time I used the Spen was use the pen on a Surface Pro 2 to select/write things. I've returned the Surface Pro 2 due to a muting problem so I cant do much on that end.

Any thoughts / Ideas???

thanks!

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Default Re: S pen not working at all

Double check the S pen settings to make sure it wasn't accidentally turned off.

from my "Note 3" on Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Where would the S Pen on/off be? I had double checked the S Pen Detection, Keeper, and other options under the S Pen settings, but there is no "on/off" s-pen option

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Actually I meant checking the settings, which is what you did so that's not the problem. You may have to replace your pen. A trip to Verizon I would imagine. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

No problem.

On another note - I've had the Note 3 since launch... will verizon be able to do anything anyway?

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

I would imagine so as long as you have one of their equipment protection plans. Still worth a shot. I've also seen them online ranging from $12- $30.

Same problem and symptoms here. However it is not the pen that is the problem, but the phone/screen itself. My S Pen works fine on other Note 3s and the S Pen from other Note 3s also do not work in my Note 3. Finger swipes and taps work fine. I haven't done any updates of late.

Did you find any solution to this problem, I am having exactly the same issue. Thanks.

Just covering the settings.

Controls - Motion Control - Air Command needs to be on, and Pen Detachment Options not set to None.

Help needed. Note3 Spen suddenly stop working. My Spen works fine with other note3. But the phone does not function with any Spen at all. Is it a software update issue or any apps causing this? Detachment options works fine. Still no Spen detection/ responses. Any updates for this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by tgt1 View Post
    Did you find any solution to this problem, I am having exactly the same issue. Thanks.

Mate, check if the s pen is disabled. Go to settings, control, s pen. Make sure it's not ticked. If this still doesn't work then move over to air command and make sure that air command is turned on. Mine worked this way

Arrow Re: S pen not working at all

Did you get the S-Pen working finally?