Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By brucedbr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Apps "App"?

Hey guys!
    I know this probably sounds weird, but I have a question. I had to replace my N3 due to some GPS issues (they got solved with the replacement machine), but now, on the new 'build" for this phone, it doesn't include the Samsung Apps "store". There was a couple of things I got off of that on my old phone that I kinda miss. Anyone have any idea how I can go about getting that back?

Actually, I have another question that may make me not need to get that back. I use Waze most of the time for my GPS but when I do use Google Navigation, it's now speaking with the computerized sounding voice, instead of the female higher quality TTS voice. I downloaded a HQ Speec before from Samsung (free). Is there another source that anyone can recommend?

Thanks!
    Bruce

Default Re: Samsung Apps "App"?

Quote Originally Posted by brucedbr View Post
    Hey guys!
    I know this probably sounds weird, but I have a question. I had to replace my N3 due to some GPS issues (they got solved with the replacement machine), but now, on the new 'build" for this phone, it doesn't include the Samsung Apps "store". There was a couple of things I got off of that on my old phone that I kinda miss. Anyone have any idea how I can go about getting that back?

Actually, I have another question that may make me not need to get that back. I use Waze most of the time for my GPS but when I do use Google Navigation, it's now speaking with the computerized sounding voice, instead of the female higher quality TTS voice. I downloaded a HQ Speec before from Samsung (free). Is there another source that anyone can recommend?

Thanks!
    Bruce
    Weirdly when I went to find where my "samsung app" app was ...I couldn't find it, it doesn't even show when I look in the samsung folder. But, when I search (long press on the menu button to the left of the home button - and search for it - it brings up the app ..so it's on my phone somewhere! Haha

Try that, if it still doesn't show that it's on your phone, try this link where you should be able to download it to your phone - hopefully one of those 2 options will work:

http://content.samsung.com/mobile/us...MobileIntro.do

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks! I did a search for "apps" and "Samsung apps" and neither of them came up. But I used that link and it installed as an update, I guess assuming it was originally installed as a "built in". Whatever...as long as it worked, and it did!

Thanks again!
    sarkycow likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

It's pre-installed as Samsung Updates. If you go in voice settings and install the s voice HD voice data it will update to Samsung Apps and then the icon will then appear.

Personally I only update it when I need to update an app and then Uninstall the updates.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk