Issues with Kingo seeing my Note 3

thedarkwolf25

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I want to get my Note 3 rooted and I tried using the Kingo method last night. My issue is that Kingo never manages to connect to the phone. I have USB debugging on, verify apps off, and unknown sources on. I have tried using both my desktop and laptop (running windows 8 and 8.1 respectively) as well as both the official 3.0 cable and ports, and the 2.0 cable and ports. Nothing seems to work. Kingo will flash "connecting" only to stop after a couple seconds and then reads "not connected".

And I have never seen the popup that should appear on the phone asking for the computer to be a trusted source. Any idea what gives? This is my first attempt at rooting a phone and I am mainly doing it to get some of the samsung garbage off (like Group Play, MyMagazine, and the rest). So any help or hand holding would be much appreciated. And I would of course like to not trip Knox if at all possible.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I could not get kingo to work on my replacement Note 3. I ended up using Vroot. It is mostly in Chinese. Watch the video in how to replace their root app with SuperSU. I then wiped the entire phone just to be safe.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk