Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Note 3: Time is off by an hour

This evening, I checked the time on my phone (I don't wear a watch anymore) and it showed 7:50, except it was 6:50. It's continuing to show an hour later than it is. I have it set to use automatic time in settings.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    25,286 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Time is off by an hour

Putting the device in airplane mode will force a refresh on the cell. As to why it got to be an hour off, I am not sure.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well, it stayed an hour off until I shut-down and restarted the phone. Once restarted, the time was correct.

Make sure you have the correct time zone set. Look in your date and time settings under general.

ATT N3

Quote Originally Posted by bertsirkin View Post
    This evening, I checked the time on my phone (I don't wear a watch anymore) and it showed 7:50, except it was 6:50. It's continuing to show an hour later than it is. I have it set to use automatic time in settings.

When I woke up this morning with my Verizon N3 in No. AZ, had the same problem of it being one hour ahead when most of AZ doesn't play the DST game. Seems VZW didn't have its time zone things together, as we're always on Mountain Standard. A restart fix it. Have a great week. Peace

Breathe... you'll feel better!
    GalaxyNote3/S4;RazrHD/Maxx;Droid3/2;Z6c/tv;E815;V710;V60s/i;EricssonT39m;StarTac7868/7860;MicroTacElite;UltraClassic II