What does this tell me?

missdorado26

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the wake lock detector because of my drastic battery drain and this is what I got. But I don't know what this information means. Can someone help me out please with suggestions on what to do next? uploadfromtaptalk1394112819091.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It shows how long the phone was awake, what kept it awake, and for how long.

When your phone is idle it goes into a sleep mode to save battery.. It "wakes up" when an app or task needs to be done (such as Yahoo Email syncing). If an app had a high wake time but you weren't using it (phone was locked) it could be the cause of the drain.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

phillyphill

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Nothing seems out of the ordinary. Nothing is been running for a very long time. Your best bet is to look at the battery meter in settings and post that screen shot. How's the signal in the area you're normally at?

missdorado26

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't get the service thing. When I look at the Verizon map it says I am in a good service area. Bit on my phone the service looks bad

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't get the service thing. When I look at the Verizon map it says I am in a good service area. Bit on my phone the service looks bad

It looks like you were using the phone, lots of screen on time, browsing. Your battery life looks good to me, it looks like you would get over 13 hours with that heavy use, not many phones could do that, what are you expecting? Download GSam battery monitor and look at your screen on time in hours, it will also show you which apps are using your battery, but I think your in good shape.

missdorado26

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Bit it's a only at 65% because it's been charging on and off. If not by the end if my regular work day which is at 3 it will be down to 25 %. I take it off the charger at 7 am and by the time I get to work at 730 it's down to 96% just sitting in my purse.

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
What is your signal strength like when traveling to work? I would still suggest you try GSam, run it a couple of days and see what is using your battery, I'm sure some other apps can do the same thing, but that is the only one I use, did this problem just start?

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Your signal doesn't look great. Tomorrow throughout the day go to settings > general > about phone > status and look at your signal and post those numbers.

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The general tab is here
ybe5uzer.jpg

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes I downloaded it yesterday. Will I have enough info to post now?

I would charge it overnight, run it for the day, then check, keep in mind that when you plug in to charge, it resets GSam, it will only show what apps used battery since last unplugged, so better to have several hours use on it

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 107055 this can't be normal. 5 hours and down to 44% with only 2 hours of screen time?

Also is your screen brightness set to auto? and if you can, avoid letting the web browsers have access to your location, and I turned off my Facebook photo Sync...Try to use Wifi whenever possible, and I noticed you don't have full 4G lte bars, this is a big factor..I found that if don't have at least 4 of the 5 bars when I surf the web the battery drains faster...and my data speeds or obviously slower..and I would also recommend disabling the Caller Name ID app.