Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default maybe going from droid maxx to note 3

i had the original razr maxx and loved it, then last year i traded it for the note 2. my main concern with smartphones have been battery life. the razr maxx got me through the day no problem and when i went to the note 2 i found that it did too most days. ( some extra long days i would plug it in just to make sure i had plenty.) i traded my note 2 for the new motorola droid maxx last fall, because i got caught up in the new and awesome features like touchless controls and active displays (which are really cool, i have nothing bad to say about the droid maxx). however, i do miss my note 2, and the spen that i used fairly regular in my work....

im thinking of going and getting the note 3, since the size isnt much different than the note2, so ill be used to that. my main concern is the battery life with the 1080 display and with kitkat installed. i really need to get at least as good of battery life that i got with the note 2. i keep reading how the battery is as good as the note 2, and i also keep reading that it doesnt last near as long.

any ideas? anyone who has had either the note 2 or the droid maxx that can compare regular use battery life?

thanks

Default Re: maybe going from droid maxx to note 3

I went from a Droid RAZR Maxx HD to a Note 2. Traded in my Note 2 for a Droid Maxx for the same reasons as you. The November update broke the Droid Maxx and after several replacements I went with a Note 3.

Obviously Verizon doesn't have Kit-Kat yet but Jellybean the battery is great. I'm pulling just over 5 hours of screen time and about 2 hours of talk (combined, not one or the other) before the phone is begging for a charge. The Droid Maxx was able to get around 7 hours of screen time with about 2 hours of talk time. Definitely not as good as the Droid Maxx but very comparable to the Note 2. Can't really expect a 3200 mah battery with a 5.7 inch screen to last as long as a 5 inch (right?) screen with a 3500 mah battery. All of my comparisons are considering you're on 4G LTE.

By the way, the Note 3 display is bigger because the edges were trimmed down. The phone isn't really any bigger but I'm not sure the true dimensions by comparison.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

It's hard to say what will happen when we get Kit-Kat, but I've been very happy with the battery life. I leave my data plan running constantly. On days when I don't use the phone heavily, I can go a couple of days without charging. On days with moderate use, I can go from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. or so before I charge. I don't use animated wallpaper, but I run several widgets.

I really struggled with the battery life of my old phone. I couldn't get past 3 p.m. without having to charge. That was frustrating.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well i went and got the note 3 today. Got the otterbox defender to protect it.. i must say I've missed the note!!!!!!

Posted via Android Central App
    Eclipse2K likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by russel5150 View Post
    Well i went and got the note 3 today. Got the otterbox defender to protect it.. i must say I've missed the note!!!!!!

I couldn't carry around a phone that big! Those Otterbox cases are gigantic.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yeah but my line of work I would be foolish not to have an otterbox. Luckily it feels like my note 2 did, except the otterbox isn't as fat for the note 3. It feels a lot better.. even though it's still big