Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default WatchON App - Missing Decimal Point on Remote Keypad

Installed WatchON app, seems everything working so far except
    for a missing decimal point in both the remote number keypad and
    while using the "Watch Now" option.

Pressing "Watch Now" will enter,in succession, the channel number and then its decimal number
    without the point: 29.1 is processed as 29 then 1 with the TV going to channel 1 last.

I am in the US, using a SONY HD TV, with over-the-air reception.

WatchON App - Missing Decimal Point on Remote Keypad-screenshots_2014-03-10-11-55-24.jpg

yamatime mentions the same issue Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Remote Control but no solution.

And alexanders223 has same issue but, again, no solution. Samsung Galaxy S4 - WatchON app problem

Thanks much in advance
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: WatchON App - Missing Decimal Point on Remote Keypad

Wondering if I've posted improperly or in the wrong category- 190+ views and not a single reply?

Default Re: WatchON App - Missing Decimal Point on Remote Keypad

Quote Originally Posted by Estepario View Post
    Wondering if I've posted improperly or in the wrong category- 190+ views and not a single reply?
    I would guess a lot of those are people like me who read the post but don't have an answer for you unfortunately.

I did read the reviews for the app -we which I'm sure you have also, but I thought just incase I would post a screenshot of the email address they tell you to contact with issues.

Also, I'm not sure if this would be relevant but this is what my fianc uses as a remote - watchOn would always crash when he tried it so he got rid of it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.remotefairy

I'd just make sure it does what you need/want as well as it being compatible since it's not free ($6.99). He really likes it though.

I'm sure the people on this forum will be able to give you better advice with technology issues, etc than I but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents! :-)

Hope you get your issue fixed.

Sarks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WatchON App - Missing Decimal Point on Remote Keypad-1394698022382.jpg