Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Note 3: When will we have KitKat?

Why have we note received the kit kat update yet? I'm sure verizon will wait until he note 4 comes out or just skip to 4.5 instead of letting us have 4.4.....

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-11-2014 at 01:08 PM.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Default Re: When will verizon let us have kitkat?

Quote Originally Posted by Borarjti View Post
    Why have we note received the kit kat update yet? I'm sure verizon will wait until he note 4 comes out or just skip to 4.5 instead of letting us have 4.4.....

When they've worked out all the bugs hopefully.

I work for Verizon and they do not plan on releasing it until most of the bugs are dealt with. After all, one of the main reasons people switch carriers is because of issues with their phones. Verizon just likes to keep that to a minimum.

And what are these "bugs" that people always state when talking about Verizon's lethargic march to updating? Is Verizon's q/c far more superior than other networks? If so, then why did I experience lagging, clock isssues, and wifi headaches when this beautiful device was released? Headaches that seem particularly unique to Verizon?

Last edited by scribe4food; 03-11-2014 at 12:39 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    damule6666 likes this.

I just got prompted to install KitKat on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Update went perfectly! So far so good!

Quote Originally Posted by celticfdguy View Post
    I just got prompted to install KitKat on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Update went perfectly! So far so good!
    So, can we get a screen shot of this (hold down power button and home button at the same time)?

Okay, but I don't know how to post to the site.

Verizon Note 3: When will we have KitKat?-untitled.jpg

Here you go.
    Thanked by:
    Isc73 

Hmm...

Default Re: Verizon Note 3: When will we have KitKat?

Where are you located.....city/state?

does this kitkat update erase everything on the phone? or does it just update the android version and keep everything intact

Looks like a Photoshop job - the "Baseband Version" looks like it's missing a letter - from what I can see, it should be N900PVPUCNAB.
    jumper809 likes this.

Hehe
    Verizon Note 3: When will we have KitKat?-troll-face.jpg
    Spencerdl likes this.

That's just wrong.

from my "Note 3" on Tapatalk

For everyone with a Verizon Note3 that wants KitKat. ...Here ya go
    Verizon Note 3: When will we have KitKat?-uploadfromtaptalk1394589786390.jpg

Sent from MY BLACK G'NOTE3
    Jude526 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yarnsrj View Post
    That's just wrong.

from my "Note 3" on Tapatalk
    Sorry, I had too lol.
    Android4life

Quote Originally Posted by Qurlee View Post
    I work for Verizon and they do not plan on releasing it until most of the bugs are dealt with. After all, one of the main reasons people switch carriers is because of issues with their phones. Verizon just likes to keep that to a minimum.

Be interested to know what department you work for, because they already have KitKat on their entire Droid line, Moto X and HTC one. There aren't a whole lot of bugs to work out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Droid Eris -> HTC EVO -> S2 -> S3 -> Note 2 -> S4 -> Note 3 -> S5

By no means am I an expert but I am guessing that each manufacturer (Moto, HTC, Samsung, etc.) require different tweaking and implementation.
    In other words the Moto and/or HTC version of Kit Kat probably would not work for the N3.

On a different note, I came from a HTC One with Kit Kat and have had it for a while on my Nexus 7.....very uninspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by fofjjsr View Post
    Be interested to know what department you work for, because they already have KitKat on their entire Droid line, Moto X and HTC one. There aren't a whole lot of bugs to work out.

Theres not too many reasons to want kitkat except to say you have kitkat.. had it on my droid maxx, dont miss it.

Android4life

Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    By no means am I an expert but I am guessing that each manufacturer (Moto, HTC, Samsung, etc.) require different tweaking and implementation.
    In other words the Moto and/or HTC version of Kit Kat probably would not work for the N3.

On a different note, I came from a HTC One with Kit Kat and have had it for a while on my Nexus 7.....very uninspiring.
    Yes each version has its own tweaks for sure. But not so drastically that it takes long to work out. The Droid line got KitKat rather quickly after Motorola released it to Verizon. I was just interested in the department said person works for that he/she would have such information.

Last edited by fofjjsr; 03-12-2014 at 05:13 PM.

I have an HTC One on Verizon and KitKat really didnt do much of anything other than screw up my phone. It was virtually perfect the way it was. Now its laggy and gives errors here and there.

As I said, not an expert in this area; just a guess on my part. Clearly from your "But not so drastically that it takes long to work out" statement you know more about this than I do. Curious where you get your information from?

Yes each version has its own tweaks for sure. But not so drastically that it takes long to work out. The Droid line got KitKat rather quickly after Motorola released it to Verizon. I was just interested in the department said person works for that he/she would have such information.

Android4life

Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    As I said, not an expert in this area; just a guess on my part. Clearly from your "But not so drastically that it takes long to work out" statement you know more about this than I do. Curious where you get your information from?
    From research, knowing people in the industry (Google, Verizon and Samsung) and knowing the process of how mobile programming works. Although you may be right about how long it will be, because Verizon is notoriously slow on releasing OTA updates, but it's not because of bugs, otherwise they would not have put it out on the Motorola line and HTC One already. It's kind of there thing, just like they will be the last one to release the S5.

I wasn't trying to start a fight either. Just wondering if you knew officially since you said you worked for Verizon. Was hoping you had some good news for us. :-)

All I want is kitkat to fix the stupid wifi issue. Android is the only device I have noticed has wifi issues like these. I have new routers and it doesn't fix the issue. Either they have a weak TX and RX radio or the software is not handling the connection properly. I'm sick of it telling me it's connected. It seems to be connected even when it says it's connected again. I have turned off the data and still have no issue browsing the Internet. Hopefully kitkat has the fix.

In my opinion (I have a 2013 Nexus 7 and a Verizon Droid Ultra [for work] both on Kit Kat) going from Jelly Bean to Kit Kat is not a drastic change so other than fixing the WiFi issue there is no reason to be impatient.

If forced to guess when we'd see the update on our Note 3 I'd say May.
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast