Verizon Note 3: When will we have KitKat?

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Why have we note received the kit kat update yet? I'm sure verizon will wait until he note 4 comes out or just skip to 4.5 instead of letting us have 4.4.....

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: When will verizon let us have kitkat?

Why have we note received the kit kat update yet? I'm sure verizon will wait until he note 4 comes out or just skip to 4.5 instead of letting us have 4.4.....

When they've worked out all the bugs hopefully.

Qurlee

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

I work for Verizon and they do not plan on releasing it until most of the bugs are dealt with. After all, one of the main reasons people switch carriers is because of issues with their phones. Verizon just likes to keep that to a minimum.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
And what are these "bugs" that people always state when talking about Verizon's lethargic march to updating? Is Verizon's q/c far more superior than other networks? If so, then why did I experience lagging, clock isssues, and wifi headaches when this beautiful device was released? Headaches that seem particularly unique to Verizon?

Last edited:

celticfdguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I just got prompted to install KitKat on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Update went perfectly! So far so good!:)

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Looks like a Photoshop job - the "Baseband Version" looks like it's missing a letter - from what I can see, it should be N900PVPUCNAB.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

I work for Verizon and they do not plan on releasing it until most of the bugs are dealt with. After all, one of the main reasons people switch carriers is because of issues with their phones. Verizon just likes to keep that to a minimum.

Be interested to know what department you work for, because they already have KitKat on their entire Droid line, Moto X and HTC one. There aren't a whole lot of bugs to work out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

By no means am I an expert but I am guessing that each manufacturer (Moto, HTC, Samsung, etc.) require different tweaking and implementation.
In other words the Moto and/or HTC version of Kit Kat probably would not work for the N3.

On a different note, I came from a HTC One with Kit Kat and have had it for a while on my Nexus 7.....very uninspiring.

Be interested to know what department you work for, because they already have KitKat on their entire Droid line, Moto X and HTC one. There aren't a whole lot of bugs to work out.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Theres not too many reasons to want kitkat except to say you have kitkat.. had it on my droid maxx, dont miss it.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

By no means am I an expert but I am guessing that each manufacturer (Moto, HTC, Samsung, etc.) require different tweaking and implementation.
In other words the Moto and/or HTC version of Kit Kat probably would not work for the N3.

On a different note, I came from a HTC One with Kit Kat and have had it for a while on my Nexus 7.....very uninspiring.

Yes each version has its own tweaks for sure. But not so drastically that it takes long to work out. The Droid line got KitKat rather quickly after Motorola released it to Verizon. I was just interested in the department said person works for that he/she would have such information.

Last edited: