Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Help with root

    I just rooted my SM-N900V on MJE with vroot and I'm trying to update my su binary with the ChainDD superuser. Everything says okay then it fails when checking to see if it works. How do I switch it so I don't have to use the Chinese version?

    Also how do I access recovery mode in order to flash the cyanogenmod 4.4 rom? When I attempt it, it pops up with a Verizon message error. I installed the Clockwork recovery

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    23,492 Posts
    Global Posts
    23,934 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

    Default Re: Help with root

    Quote Originally Posted by Qurlee View Post
    I just rooted my SM-N900V on MJE with vroot and I'm trying to update my su binary with the ChainDD superuser. Everything says okay then it fails when checking to see if it works. How do I switch it so I don't have to use the Chinese version?

    Also how do I access recovery mode in order to flash the cyanogenmod 4.4 rom? When I attempt it, it pops up with a Verizon message error. I installed the Clockwork recovery

    Posted via Android Central App
    Welcome to the forums.
    Try SuperSU by Chainfire instead.

    Phone Timeline
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Help with root

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Try SuperSU by Chainfire instead.
    Thank you, I hope to provide information and be as helpful as possible to this site soon. As of right now I'm still learning all of this so it's the other way around unfortunately lol.
    And thank you very much, that seemed to work out. Now I just need to be able to access the Recovery Menu without that Verizon error message. Is there something else I need to installed to let me access the Recovery? I used ROM manager to flash the recovery

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    23,492 Posts
    Global Posts
    23,934 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

    Default Re: Help with root

    Quote Originally Posted by Qurlee View Post
    Thank you, I hope to provide information and be as helpful as possible to this site soon. As of right now I'm still learning all of this so it's the other way around unfortunately lol.
    And thank you very much, that seemed to work out. Now I just need to be able to access the Recovery Menu without that Verizon error message. Is there something else I need to installed to let me access the Recovery? I used ROM manager to flash the recovery

    Posted via Android Central App
    I am not sure about the error in recovery. I would try reflashing CWM.

    Phone Timeline
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Help with root

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I am not sure about the error in recovery. I would try reflashing CWM.
    Figured it out, if I would of done a little more research I would of figured it out lol. I had to install safestrap because the Verizon model is secured. Now to figure out how to flash a ROM!
    Thank you for all your help!

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    23,492 Posts
    Global Posts
    23,934 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

    Default Re: Help with root

    Quote Originally Posted by Qurlee View Post
    Figured it out, if I would of done a little more research I would of figured it out lol. I had to install safestrap because the Verizon model is secured. Now to figure out how to flash a ROM!
    Thank you for all your help!

    Posted via Android Central App
    No sweat. See you around the forums.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

    Phone Timeline
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Similar Threads

  1. Help: Black screen after bootanimation [water damage]
    By tenjou_89 in forum Moto G (2013)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 03:13 PM
  2. Sprint LG G2: Status bar Icon help
    By Crupe in forum Sprint LG G2
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 01:02 PM
  3. Nexus 7: Help with Keyboard/Language
    By jvsnyder99 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2014, 03:10 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-14-2014, 01:47 AM
  5. [APP][FREE]Android App to detect malware with bad permissions
    By Miguel A Cardenete in forum Android Security Apps, Tips & Strategies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 01:01 PM

Posting Permissions