Verizon Note 3: Glass screen protector

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
My Verizon store offers a tempered glass screen saver installed for $ 25.00.
Has anyone tried these and do you know who makes them?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon glass screen saver.

"Size does matter!"

My Verizon store had one in stock ($17.99 Corp discount) and the rep didn't install it properly so I had to get a refund since it was the last one left. The iLoome I ordered from Amazon ($25) was a much better quality GLASS screen protector.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

I have one, they had to order it in for me and naturally I got some dust under it. Worse problem is that a corner near the ear piece is peeling up. I might have to try an iLoome.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

I love mine minus the fact it is also pealing near the earpiece. Might try an iLoome as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Try this, works great and less money.
Amazon

Tech Armor Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Premium Ballistic Glass Screen Protector - Protect Your Screen from Scratches and Drops - Maximize Your Resale Value - 99.99% Clarity and Touchscreen Accuracy
by Tech Armor
178 customer reviews
| 4 answered questions
Price: $15.95
In Stock.
Sold by Tech Armor and Fulfilled by Amazon.
Want it tomorrow, March 13? Order within 2 hrs 19 mins and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
Color: Ballistic Glass

Amazing look and feel! The way the Note 3 HD Super AMOLED screen was intended, but with maximum protection!
From light scratches to high impact drops, you are completely covered with Tech Armor Ballistic Glass.
Precise laser cut tempered glass made with polished, rounded edges.
99.99% Clarity and Touchscreen Accuracy.
Anti-fingerprint "Oleophobic" Coating magically resists oils and reduces annoying fingerprints.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

"Size does matter!"

I have had it on mine for about a month. Best screen protector I have ever had. It has some minor scratches in it now but better on it than my phone screen.

When this becomes unusable I think I will give the Spigen a try.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site

I had them put it on as I get a discount on my accessories...If they put it on and screw it up they get you another one...if you buy one and screw it up, even if it" less expensive, you are screwed...as far as sensitivity I don't know if it make a difference because I had it put on a new phone and didn't try the pen or screen prior to installation.
I watched them screw up and get dust under the first screen and they opened a new one right in front of me and put it on. So for me having them install is kind of ike insurance.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I put the iLoome GLASS screen protector on myself as with a couple of other protectors on different devices. I just took my time in the bathroom with the shower running on hot to get rid of the air born dust particles, did a couple of trial runs with the plastic on. Cleaned the screen THOROUGHLY with the Micro Fiber cloth (included) and applied the GLASS protector VERY CAREFULLY then pressed in the center for 10 seconds as stated in the instructions and the proctector did most of the work. NO bubbles and NO peeling of edges. Happy to report the iLoome Tempered GLASS screen protector has lived up to it's reputation. IMO the iLoome is much better than the Verizon and Zagg Glass protectors as I have had experience with all three glass protectors.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I had them put it on as I get a discount on my accessories...If they put it on and screw it up they get you another one...if you buy one and screw it up, even if it" less expensive, you are screwed...as far as sensitivity I don't know if it make a difference because I had it put on a new phone and didn't try the pen or screen prior to installation.
I watched them screw up and get dust under the first screen and they opened a new one right in front of me and put it on. So for me having them install is kind of ike insurance.

Yeah, especially since these are expensive, let them take the risk. Especially since it isn't really more expensive than iloome, meme, spigen, etc

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

I took your advice and had the Verizon store install my glass screen saver. There are a couple of tiny bubbles end some edges I don't like the look of. They said to give it 24 hours to set. (??)
We'll see. I'll probably be returning next week for another try. At least this one's on them!

"Size does matter!"

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

I took your advice and had the Verizon store install my glass screen saver. There are a couple of tiny bubbles end some edges I don't like the look of. They said to give it 24 hours to set. (??)
We'll see. I'll probably be returning next week for another try. At least this one's on them!

"Size does matter!"

There should be no Bubbles with these, it should set almost instantly with a little help. Someone didn't want to admit to you they messed up my thinks.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

There should be no Bubbles with these, it should set almost instantly with a little help. Someone didn't want to admit to you they messed up my thinks.

I believe you're right!

"Size does matter!"

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon Note 3 glass screen saver

"Size does matter!"

Yes I got this from Verizon store. Mine said Verizon on the pkg. They installed for me perfectly! Best screen saver ever! I got the one that says it minimizes fingerprints or something. It's much cleaner at all times than a regular screen. It literally just takes a quick swipe on my jeans or top to wipe it as clean as if I had used a special microfiber cloth. I'm very impressed with it. Totally worth every penny and I wouldn't have done a good job installing it myself. Find out who at the Verizon store is best at putting those on and wait for that person to do it.

sent from my Note 3

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

"Size does matter!"

That's too bad! When you go back tell them you want the person who is BEST at installing those to do it! That would really bug me If they messed it up! Mine is perfect perfect perfect! There shouldn't be any air holes.

sent from my Note 3

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

My Verizon rep did an awesome job installing mine. I love the tempered glass screen protector. No issues with it

Posted via Android Central App

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

I tried the iLoome one. I didn't like it add it was thicker than I expected. It made some cases and bumpers no longer fit due to the increased thickness. Also some cases pressed on a corner which must have slightly bowed the glass causing separation and a bubble 1/2" in diameter. I replaced it with a MIME cover and much happier with it. Glass feels much better than plastic, doesn't distort/blur display. I think a screen protector is necessary with a Note 3 especially if you use the pen it might be more prone to scratch.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site

"Size does matter!"

If it's not perfect don't leave...make them get you a new one...it is their job to get it right...you dont pay hundreds of dollars to have dust and bubbles n
make your device look like you don't care...they are counting on you not coming back and wanting to wait agai.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

If it's not perfect don't leave...make them get you a new one...it is their job to get it right...you dont pay hundreds of dollars to have dust and bubbles n
make your device look like you don't care...they are counting on you not coming back and wanting to wait agai.

Well, took it back today and they worked with it and they got it a lot better. Said they install them as a courtesy and could not guarantee perfection. :(

"Size does matter!"

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I tried the iLoome one. I didn't like it add it was thicker than I expected. It made some cases and bumpers no longer fit due to the increased thickness. Also some cases pressed on a corner which must have slightly bowed the glass causing separation and a bubble 1/2" in diameter. I replaced it with a MIME cover and much happier with it. Glass feels much better than plastic, doesn't distort/blur display. I think a screen protector is necessary with a Note 3 especially if you use the pen it might be more prone to scratch.

Could you inform me which cases didn't fit with the iLoome Glass protector, so I won't go buy these particular cases.

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

Could you inform me which cases didn't fit with the iLoome Glass protector, so I won't go buy these particular cases.

I had trouble with the Seidio Surface case. Initially it slid on snug but the pressure of the case on the edge of the screen caused it to raise and bubble.
SEIDIO | SURFACE with Metal Kickstand Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3
CSR3SSGT3K-BK-3T.jpg

I also wasn't able to slide the phone into these metal bumper cases either as the phone became too thick:
Amazon.com: Generic Metal Aluminum Bumper Frame Case Cover For Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000+Film TL (silver): Cell Phones & Accessories51V-oF66YhL.jpg